Thread: Razer driver question

Gentoo FT... FT... FTSomething! silentsentinel's Avatar

Razer driver question

Does anyone with a Razer mouse know if the Razer Driver Sensitivity setting affects anything in-game, or does it only your windows desktop?

As twitchy as I hear the drivers are, I figured I'd ask before changing it from the default of 10 - basically I'd like to know how to turn down the mouse speed in on the desktop without changing the Windows Control Panel mouse settings from default, which I hear can cause interpolation/lost pixels, etc., etc. I figure the Razer Sens setting will do this, but will it also mess with things in-game?

Many thanks.

the master control sensitivity on the razer control panel IS the windows mouse sensitivity. there is an "advanced" control speed, which i usually keep at 10, then windows at 3.5 and CSS ingame at 1.3 on a copperhead.
    There's a douchebag hiding in the rocks with a radioactive twinkie!

I'm pretty new at this customizable mouse thing, so I'm not sure I'm seeing the right thing. This is what I see:

I also have the sensitivity under Start > Control Panel > Mouse > Pointer Options Tab set to the default of 6/11:

I have it set as such because several people mentioned changing it from the default will cause mouse interpolation or skipped pixels. What I'd like to accomplish is how to turn down the mouse speed on the desktop without causing those kinds of issues, that's why I'm curious if the Razer setting will effect things in that way, (or while in-game.)

You wanna play rough? Okay Guntizzle's Avatar
    pretty much you dont need to use that windows mouse configurator because the razer config does the same thing, see that senstivity on the left-ish side, it does the same as the windows, so all you ever need now is that razer thing

i keep my sensivity at 7, polling at 1000hz and DPi 1800, and it works great for me
    (i have a deathadder too)

Quote Originally Posted by pyro_dragun View Post
    It's bad to change the windows sensitivity from the default of 6. Any higher and the mouse will interpolate, which is bad for accuracy. Any lower and you lose data. However, if you have problems at a windows sensitivity of 6/10, lowering the windows sensitvity is acceptable, since at least you aren't interpolating. It still isn't as precise though.
    That's what Pyro_Dragun mentioned in another thread - what I'm more confused over is:

1) Does the Razer sens setting cause the above problem in the same fashion Windows CP does? If so, I obviously don't want to alter it.

2) If it DOESN'T cause the above problem, does the setting affect only the desktop, or, will it slow things down in games too?

Quote Originally Posted by silentsentinel View Post
    That's what Pyro_Dragun mentioned in another thread - what I'm more confused over is:

1) Does the Razer sens setting cause the above problem in the same fashion Windows CP does? If so, I obviously don't want to alter it.

2) If it DOESN'T cause the above problem, does the setting affect only the desktop, or, will it slow things down in games too?
    I havent touched my windows mouse speed since I installed my copperhead. I only use the speed configurations through the copperhead panel now, and I havent had a problem since. (running at 1khz/2kdpi)

roflmyspace

wii friend code:2668-0266-1784-3270

silent i dont notice that problem as long as i dont have the windows enhance pointer enabled.
    There's a douchebag hiding in the rocks with a radioactive twinkie!