Thread: Some bugs in BF2

Some bugs in BF2

I was on SR server last week and saw these bugs crop up.
    The graphical gun prob could be my vid card, but the wierd weapon and city names I couldn't figure out.

Bugs in BF2

Weird, you havent downloaded any new mods/edit files have you?
    My Flickr Photostream
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfluff View Post
    I had my first experience at the original Super Duper Weenie today. It was pretty awesome.

No, thats a recent install of BF2, and I never run mods or whatnot. I haven't seen that stuff happen since, it was just one particular night. I posted it here to see if it happened to anyone else. Aside from the kooky names, the game was playing normally.
    Last edited by H00bler; 03-12-2007 at 04:15 AM.

Blog Entries
    Anyone ever watch Beast Machines...it is supposed to take place after Beast Wars. This looks like the Virus from there:

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar
    Ok this might sound like a bunch of jargon to you, but what's going on is that there's some lines of code in your localization files in your BF2 folder. These are weapon names, control point names, etc. Not the actual cover names that you see, but the names the game understands. Apparently the game is not converting these names into the fancy and nice-looking versions, so you're getting nasty code put in there. I'm not sure how you fix it, but I guess you could reinstall BF2....although I'm sure you wouldn't want to do that.

Could always try to edit your localization files. But DO SO WITH CARE! Messing them up could spell disaster for your game and force you to reinstall anyways. Just copy the file to another location and if you mess up, copy the backup file to its original place. I don't recommend doing this, as it requires some knowledge of how games and computers work. I suggest looking for another fix before attempting this.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

That sounds plausible. No one else in the server was mentioning any wierdness, so it is most likely only a problem with my own BF2.
    It went away, but maybe I should reinstall BF2 etc just to make sure any funny business is gone.

BTW I also seemed to notice that half of my kills and revives were being given to excessive_killin, anyone else have that problem?

Quote Originally Posted by H00bler View Post
    That sounds plausible. No one else in the server was mentioning any wierdness, so it is most likely only a problem with my own BF2.
    It went away, but maybe I should reinstall BF2 etc just to make sure any funny business is gone.

BTW I also seemed to notice that half of my kills and revives were being given to excessive_killin, anyone else have that problem?
    Don't start me on that. I'd be a fricken general if it weren't for that.

Ill armor camp and whore him so you can get those ;o
    My Flickr Photostream
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfluff View Post
    I had my first experience at the original Super Duper Weenie today. It was pretty awesome.

I will tell u what I tell ewerybody hoobler, "You gotta kill them faster." And don't use hmwee like ur lil friends.