Thread: CS:S w/CrossOver

Blog Entries

CS:S w/CrossOver

If anyone can help me with the program CrossOver on MACs, I would really appreciate it. Since I have been having problems on my PC with CS:S and no one can figure it out or help, I figure I would give it a shot on the MAC.

I was installing it with the trial version of CrossOver, and it seemed to be going fine and all. However, when I got to the second CD, it just basically stopped. The bar kept moving, but the numbers didn't change. It never asked me to change to Disk 3 either. I waited a very long time, and still, nothing happened.

If anyone can help please do. I would hate to have bought this game and it be a complete waste of money. Not to mention all the time I have spent into trying to fix the problems it has caused.

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Uh... install steam first then install the games within steam... or maybe be like the rest of the cool mac users and get Boot Camp and a legit copy of Windows.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post
    Uh... install steam first then install the games within steam... or maybe be like the rest of the cool mac users and get Boot Camp and a legit copy of Windows.
    I didn't want to go ahead and spend $90 on windows. Especially since I want to wait for 10.5 to come out and boot camp to be officially released (it is in beta now) and see how that runs with vista.

I'll try notebook forums, duh.