Thread: im gonna ban myself from cs:s

im gonna ban myself from cs:s

i've pretty much had it with cs:s. my fps still sticks at 15-20... and i just cant play like that. no matter what i do i cant fix it... and plenty of people are having the same problem on cs:s. i still dont understand how it can go from 60-70 fps and just drop like that over a single update.

i dont think ill be able to play until either valve gets their crap straightened out or i can get my hands on a new computer

anybody else having the same problem or know some way to render this game playable for me

what are your ingame video settings at? note: my avatar title does not involve bad fps
    aka MOJO (commence lag-out)
    aka Hal 9000

I had no problems until I installed Vista. Now my frames never cap 20. effin weak.

roflmyspace

wii friend code:2668-0266-1784-3270

I wish I had ur problem, my fps is like 40+ most of the time, but my ping is like 140+ now therefore some people get like 100+ milliseconds ahead of me which is more than enough to pop me in the head before I even see them, I could be the best css player in the world and still get pwned because of not lag, but delay

Fluff co. 2009

Reinstall steam and cs... worked for me. You might have a bunch of bad scripts/commands.

Gentoo FT... FT... FTSomething! silentsentinel's Avatar
    So everything working better now after the reinstall, Relly?

Yes it is! check out my thread. Finally getting back to my +2 kpd ratio

http://www.straferight.com/forums/co...led-steam.html

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar
    Pinpoint you could try changing the directX level for your game. My brand new laptop was working perfect then one day source started crashing left and right. I did -dxlevel 81 in the shortcut and reduced my directX sound acceleration to basic. After that my game seems to run so much better.

If doing the above doesn't work, reinstall I guess. Google your problem and see if people are getting the same thing. Maybe you can find an answer somewhere on some random forum.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

i think i might just do a straight up reinstall... but what i pain in teh arse haha. like i said ive done everything there is to do to try and boost my fps... from usign caseys config to settign heapsizes and directx levels and nothing helps. like i said lots of people are having the same problem but there is no solution yet

so ill try a reinstall

Quote Originally Posted by Pinpoint View Post
    i think i might just do a straight up reinstall... but what i pain in teh arse haha. like i said ive done everything there is to do to try and boost my fps... from usign caseys config to settign heapsizes and directx levels and nothing helps. like i said lots of people are having the same problem but there is no solution yet

so ill try a reinstall
    i reinstall every once in awhile and my game runs much smoother

steam-mattik13
    matt@straferight.com

Originally Posted by DennyCrane
    Halfway through, the loss of Assault, Frank, ASG clan, etc hit him and he wept in his maple syrup puddle.