Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sabbatical

Sabbatical

I am going on a 3 to 5 week break. I no longer feel the hunger for bf2 some to rekendal my love for the game I need a break. I am taking Dtpd321 advice on this one I will be back but i want to focus on school and my other activites. I will be in vent but not in game. So rank up am build ur skills, cause I won't lose mine.

[begin sarcastic rant]Ahhh.......the most arrogant words i've ever heard...but i still love this game anyway. You also should take your own advice sometime. If BB told you to smoke a joint, I might have to sent in Grailbomb in to regurjutate that health lesson he just told me. [end sarcasm]
    Have fun with out BF2, I actually might give it up too cause I think I'm getting carpal tunnel.

Dude, you dont have to give it up.

The problem is you have concentrated so hard on one specific aspect of the game that you have burnt out.

I hit the same plateau and decided to branch out. I created another account that I promised I wouldnt care about the stats for and started working on my chopper skills. Pilot first, then gun, then solo. Then I started jumping in a jet and working that up.

I still occasionally jump on sR to make sure I dont let my infantry skills slip too far ( and trust me, they will slip pretty quickly).

Explore a bit....play some other maps. Its not as satisfying as sR is, but it sure feels good to go 40-1 solo in a chopper or to hear your gunner start gagging in the mic because you tilted vertical and spun fast enough long enough to make him physically sick (ok, maybe it didnt feel good, but it was funny while I waited for him to come back from a bathroom dash.)

Anyway, thats my suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by 1con View Post
    Dude, you dont have to give it up.

The problem is you have concentrated so hard on one specific aspect of the game that you have burnt out.

I hit the same plateau and decided to branch out. I created another account that I promised I wouldnt care about the stats for and started working on my chopper skills. Pilot first, then gun, then solo. Then I started jumping in a jet and working that up.

I still occasionally jump on sR to make sure I dont let my infantry skills slip too far ( and trust me, they will slip pretty quickly).

Explore a bit....play some other maps. Its not as satisfying as sR is, but it sure feels good to go 40-1 solo in a chopper or to hear your gunner start gagging in the mic because you tilted vertical and spun fast enough long enough to make him physically sick (ok, maybe it didnt feel good, but it was funny while I waited for him to come back from a bathroom dash.)

Anyway, thats my suggestion.
    :yeahthat: You haven't seen my gunning or Wickensick's flying have you?

I feel like taking a break from BF2 sometimes too (yes, I know, Im only a noob) then, I start to play a kit that I hate. Ie, sniper. Ill do that for a few weeks. Then Ill have to go back to medic or something and get hooked on it again.

(btw, claymoring choke points is damn fun )

And like 1con said, new accounts are good
    My Flickr Photostream
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfluff View Post
    I had my first experience at the original Super Duper Weenie today. It was pretty awesome.

Ya, I put it down for a month in february and then picked it up again in march......The thing I missed most was the chatter and strategy with the squad. Sounds funny, but it is almost like you know some of these guys personally. That is the MAIN reason I pick it up and come back for more....It's the whole concept of moving as one with six different people. That coordination and commraderie that sets you apart and shows the squad has played together for awhile. Plus I can honestly say I laugh more then anything...Some of these guys are funny as hell.....Like I said Excessive, put it down for a bit, take your break, and come back. In the meantime, I will personally miss the infamous quotes "I'm lagging" (with 25 ping)...and "Oh, I just got noob tubed...thats bull****"....lol.

lol good times

Or the "only a 50 to 4 kill death ratio" and only 100 points

"So, I hear that you like Tea.." wick3dsick23's Avatar
    I am mixing things up a bit too. I have been playing CS:S quite a bit, and have picked up on GRAW too. I will still play BF2 though, and always expect me to be spamming the vent channels lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I fail.....the end.

I know where DTPD is coming from with the camaraderie.

When I do play on sR with my alt account I dont use VOIP since that will give me away, southern accent and all (playing as a secret agent man is fun). There is a pretty big funfactor loss, though, not using VOIP once you get used to it.

Still, go out and explore another aspect. It will fulfill the need for growth that you are probably missing.

I couldnt quit, though...I mean...what would I do with 8 hours of sleep?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast