Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ugh... lag and unhittable players (ugh Spartan ugh)

Ugh... lag and unhittable players (ugh Spartan ugh)

I just now read the forums and saw Spartan's thread :spamcan: and I must say I'm a little shocked mg: :shock:

I said ret was unhittable , but it wasn't an accusation of hacks :rolleyes: Hit registration has seemed "off" since the update, the server seemed a bit laggy and Ret runs around with like 80-100ms latency IIRC (I can't hit you bastards to begin with!). Throw that together and the server hates me even if everyone does see bloodspatter all over. It IS nice to know I'm not the only one seeing the hits though. :rofl: Everyone thinks I'm insane when I say I hit them :mad:

I've popped around corners and slain people with single bullets to the head before they could even fire back myself. It's no big deal. Sometimes you just choose a place to aim and make a bet on whether someone is going to be there and try to adjust at the last moment if you're wrong .

You wanna play rough? Okay Guntizzle's Avatar
    rates can do that sometimes, we find people with rates of like 10 and 10 and its just horrible

Some people have been complaining about framerates since the update too. If people are running at 20fps... they may as well be running a cmdrate of 20 because that's the maximum number of commands they're gonna send... and probably unevenly at that especially as the framerate rises or falls over the span of a second... :rofl:

As far as updaterate goes I'm not sure how that would affect them other than perhaps lag compensation. I believe 20 is the default cmdrate though... but that is for 33 tick servers and those are choppy as hell even with interpolation (which doesn't seem to work very well anymore on sR office people look like they're warping all over sometimes) O_o

yeah, i have problems with my shots not registering all the time... You shoot the crap out of them and they have blood all over, then they kill you and you open up console cuz you're like WTF and you didnt even do any damage..

Just to let you guys know, I use cl_cmdrate 101, cl_updaterate 101, and rate 25000-30000.
    I get a bunch of choke when a bunch of T's rush garage...and my fps drops to lower than 20. If I rush garage at the same time the T's are rushing, I get maybe 5 fps? I need to upgrade my comp.

'Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
    'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
    'I don't much care where --' said Alice.
    'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
    '--so long as I get somewhere,' Alice added as an explanation.

-Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

i usally get 20-40 in normal play, if the t's or ct rush me im pretty much dead....

fps goes to like 1
    i eat cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution View Post
    i usally get 20-40 in normal play, if the t's or ct rush me im pretty much dead....

fps goes to like 1
    Is this with the rig in your sig? O_o

Glad it's not just me that stuff happens to. ;o

It happens to me, and I have a similar rig.. THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

And when nades go off in front office and knock pc's and garbage/cabinets all over the place.. my fps suffers badly. I'm going to save up like 600 dollars to buy myself a video card.. but here's the thing.. I have to buy a new motherboard.. because my mobo has AGP.. I need PCI-Ex.. and then I'll have to sell my 2GB of DDR RAM to by DDR2 RAM... because the new motherboards wont support DDR.. then I'll have to buy a new processor as well... man... this is going to be a long process

Why the hell did I buy this x1600pro.. it got such good ratings... they must not game or something. My fps goes from 85 to 10 in a split second... all this rate bs doesn't work right for me. I think my Anti-Virus goes on the internet on its own when I'm playing because on the Out: It goes from 60 k/s to 29k/s.. and thats when my fps drops dramatically, and lag comes into affect. damn it man.

Fear when thy eggs cometh! Overeasy's Avatar
    You could try NVIDIA instead of Radeon. Sorry about your bad luck anyway.

Tips For Driving!
    When Green, go on through.
    When Yellow, accelerate!
    When Red, accelerate faster while paying particular attention to steering.

Quote Originally Posted by Relly View Post
    It happens to me, and I have a similar rig.. THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

And when nades go off in front office and knock pc's and garbage/cabinets all over the place.. my fps suffers badly. I'm going to save up like 600 dollars to buy myself a video card.. but here's the thing.. I have to buy a new motherboard.. because my mobo has AGP.. I need PCI-Ex.. and then I'll have to sell my 2GB of DDR RAM to by DDR2 RAM... because the new motherboards wont support DDR.. then I'll have to buy a new processor as well... man... this is going to be a long process

Why the hell did I buy this x1600pro.. it got such good ratings... they must not game or something. My fps goes from 85 to 10 in a split second... all this rate bs doesn't work right for me. I think my Anti-Virus goes on the internet on its own when I'm playing because on the Out: It goes from 60 k/s to 29k/s.. and thats when my fps drops dramatically, and lag comes into affect. damn it man.
    lol your funny...

DDR2 is for AM2/Conroe motherboards...

you can still get motherboards that are 939 socket that suport ddr but 939 is *dead*
    i eat cookies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast