Thread: BF2:DesertConflict Promo

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar

BF2:DesertConflict Promo

For those who have kept tabs on this mod, they're announcing that it is soon to come. I've seen the renders and screenshots...and wow....this mod will be NICE. For those fans of BF1942:DC and DCF, this looks like it's going to kick just as much @ss.

They have a promo video up on their page. Download it, looks VERY nice. Just watched the Hi-def video myself and I am impressed and I am anxious for the release of this awesome mod.

Here's a link to their site.

Desert Conflict | the Sand Storm Is Coming Again...

A link to the HD Video - Filecloud - Dcon Alpha Release Promo (High - HD)

And if you're too lazy to watch that, here's the video itself.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

the original DC is what made BF cool to begin with...I truly hope this one finally gets to us in a playable format

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    the original DC is what made BF cool to begin with...I truly hope this one finally gets to us in a playable format
    :yeahthat:
    My Flickr Photostream
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfluff View Post
    I had my first experience at the original Super Duper Weenie today. It was pretty awesome.

Mobile rocket launchers FTW. I love those things!! And they better include spotters in this one too.

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar
    Update:

Quote Originally Posted by Desert-conflict.org
    You wanted skill to come back to the game. Done
    You wanted dumbfire missles for handheld aa, ground based aa, and for aircraft. Done
    You wanted CTF. Done
    You wanted classic maps to play this all on. Done
    You wanted familiar vehicles. Done and still adding more.
    You wanted Artillery brought back to the player. DONE!

We have bent this engine to our will. Some areas its not so flexible and we just have to work around them. Other areas it is and we've exploited it. Its been an up hill battle making this. But its been worth ever single waking hour we've put into it. BECAUSE YOU ALL DESERVE IT! This mod was created with the fans in mind this was created just for you all. We exist because of you. Without the fans, we are nothing. No mod can be anything without a fan base. WE have the best fans in the world. No one can tell you all otherwise.

YOUR WAIT IS OVER!

As i stated in a previous post made sometime ago. When you saw the release of the promo video you would know that the wait was over and a release was comming. IT IS TIME.. As of tomorrow evening at 7pm est I will be releasing the server files to the public.

THATS RIGHT!!! I AM RELEASING THE SERVER FILES TO THE PUBLIC TOMORROW AT 7PM EST..

So the next question is. When is DCON being released..

that answer..

FRIDAY March 30th I will be releasing the client files at 4pm est.
    F@@King AWESOME!

I simply cannot wait for this to come out! :w00t:

EDIT: Lawl I installed 1942:Desertcombat and DC Final. Owning up some bots before I prepare for online pwnage! Oh man...I loved this mod. I would spend hours playing with with friends. It was really, truly an addicting game.
    Last edited by Switchblade; 03-28-2007 at 08:36 PM.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Wootsauce!
    My Flickr Photostream
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfluff View Post
    I had my first experience at the original Super Duper Weenie today. It was pretty awesome.