Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BF2:Dcon Released

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar
    I was running on low and getting my normal FPS, even on the massive maps. And remember, it's an Alpha release (Before the Beta comes out), so of course there's gonna be problems, and its up to us to help the devs find em.

And something else that's cool...

While flying the little birds, there was WIND! You don't just fly in a straight line, you go up down left right like a gust of wind just hit you! THAT...was cool. The Stingers/Grails do very well against Choppers, and are gonna take skill to aim (YES!), as well as the rockets, and RPG still owns infantry, like always.

I only got to play Inshallah Valley for 2 rounds then I had to get off, but I would have found another server with some different map to play with the A10, and the tanks and stuff.

Also, the APCs now carry people like they're supposed to. They made the Bradley, and it has room for 2 people and a gunner (4 total). That's very good for team play.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade View Post
    They even made it show what someone was teamkilled with(vehicle/weapon) and put in the orange text. I like that.
    You can already do that in normal ranked BF2

Very nice looking mod. Hopefully my system will run it
    My Flickr Photostream
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfluff View Post
    I had my first experience at the original Super Duper Weenie today. It was pretty awesome.

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar
    I had some time over the last few days to check it out. It's very nice and has some cool features. I really like the maps "Lost Village" and "Outskirts of Mosul". They have some potential and the city combat is pretty intense! Several of the regular maps have been remade with slight changes. Mashtuur and Sharqi have been changed to where most of the fighting is outside the City which seems kind of strange to me. The objective game play mode looks interesting as well.

So far the main problem I have had is with some kind of lag. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I noticed several people saying in the chat log that certain maps are just causing lag right now.

My ping stays between 50's and 80's on the "!NBK Ranked" server and my FPS stays at around 50 to 60 while moving/fighting. The same happens on other servers. Hopefully this is just a bug that they can fix later.

Overall I think the games looks great for an alpha!

My PC can't even handle BF2 on medium graphics i doubt this would work on it. . Looks really cool though. The 1942 one was fun.

west philadelphia born n raised ech0's Avatar
    They made the A-10 too slow and too ***. in the old one the A-10 was dominant just like it is in RL, but they toned down its fricken gattling gun and used crappy bombs from the F-14 when they really use tankbusters, etc. that pack more punch. I was also disappointed with gameplay, maps too big with lack of detail and environment. the old one was wayyy better:mad:

teh r!g

E6600 w/ Zalman 9700NT @ 3.6 | EVGA 8800 GTX @ 628/1000 | EVGA 680i A1 | 2x1gigs Mushkin XtremePerformance DDR2 800 | 250gig SATAII Barracuda | X-Fi ExtremeGamer Pro Fatal1ty Edition | 750w Toughpower | Aurora 570 Case | 3dMark06 - 13,110
    Design By Humans

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ech0 View Post
    I was also disappointed with gameplay, maps too big with lack of detail and environment. the old one was wayyy better:mad:
    I agree with you I that point. They made way too many maps that are just open large areas of nothing but terrain. It might be more realistic or whatever, but it seems to be bad for gameplay. The only maps I really like are the ones with close city combat.

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar
    So give one team the massively pwning jet, and give the other team a sucky piece of crap? Not really fair if you think about it...

I think they lost some devs near the end which could explain the lack of detail on stuff, and they need to go back and optimize the bad maps for FPS. They had a huge load of work and not very many people to do it, so I personally am impressed with what I see.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Ah yes, its fun...Though Mosul and a few other maps lag me, but thankfully Lost Village doesnt (fav big time)

I must say, the entire Opposition team is WAY over powered, the M16s, M24s And stuff dont compare to AKs and SVDs

Oh sharp, I have to run regular BF2 on the very lowest settings to make it playable at all, and DC runs fine (some maps...ones that dont I just snipe on) You should try it
    My Flickr Photostream
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfluff View Post
    I had my first experience at the original Super Duper Weenie today. It was pretty awesome.

Take a bite outta bf2
    i have yet to be able to download and install this but you guys are making me mad by telling me about it lol...tommorrow i should have time to download it and start playing if not tommorrow than wednesday most definatly....when i get it jump on vent and we can pwn it up

"So, I hear that you like Tea.." wick3dsick23's Avatar
    My main computer runs this at 50-70 fps when I am running, driving, or flying with everything turned up all the way. (long live ATI + AMD)
    I don't like the open combat, and I don't like the way they modeled the M4 and the mounted machine guns. The AH-6 Little Bird is freeaaakin awesome. I have much love for that ROFLCopter. It is so funny to watch noobs try and fly it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I fail.....the end.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast