Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SR Member Behavior

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar

SR Member Behavior

Several of you noticed a little event happen today in Roto at about 4pm Central time, for the record.

This is sort of an apology/reminder thread. First of all, I apologize to the things I said, however I'm still a little upset about the entire set of events. And second of all, this is not a thread about punishment of said players, but more so a reminder that every SR member needs to uphold the strafeRight standards, and also a lengthy apology on my behalf.

As all of you know, there is an agreement that you make when you sign up for SR and put on the tag (at least if you use the Email method). There have been several threads about this. Behavior. You should be playing as mature gamers, and be respectful to everyone, regardless. Of course there are certain extreme circumstances where everyone in the server is upset at a certain player/event/etc.

I was teamflashed by two members, and I guess what you could call "smack-talked" and harassed by the first of the two. Now I'm not going to say who it was, or anything. I'll leave that up to them to decide if they want to further the issue. Also, the second member who came in later and teamflashed me several times intently is just as out-of-line as the other. After that point I just left the server. I was under an alias at first, and started making a deal when I simply just couldn't ignore it anymore and after I had made several attempts to have the player stop by making a note of what SR behavior should be, however that didn't even do anything at all, and then I got teamflashed by said person several times. After that I just snapped, and I'm sorry. I had a rough day. I'm sure those of you that have played with me haven't ever seen me just go off on someone, and you know what sort of player I am. Another SR member made a comment that the first person who began this was simply messing around.

You can't pick up if someone is messing around when it sounds exactly like an insult or harassment. Make sure you understand what I'm saying here. People interpret what you say differently than the way you actually meant it to come across. People out there will get insulted if you make certain jokes and such. Not everyone has a thick skin like some do.

So please, people, take consideration of others, and the fact that they do not think just like you do, and that they just might interpret your silly joke as a blatant insult. It sounds trivial, but it happens. People get pissed over little things because they don't see it as that.

If you have the tag on, respect it. It's what this community is about and why SO MANY people enjoy being here. Because everyone is cool and respectable. We may joke around and poke fun at each other, and that's great and the humor in these threads and in-game are HILARIOUS sometimes. But make sure the humor is understood by who you're directing it at.

Hopefully I stressed my point enough, and once again I apologize for the "very pissed off" statements that I made in-game, and I'll do my best to retain those sort of statements next time. And yes, for whoever asked it as a joke, I AM a little sensitive to things and I've been working on it for years. For some it is harder to take a joke than others. Like me. Yes, I seriously can not take a joke sometimes. That's just how I am, and it's really hard to change that. I'd really rather not play with voice off and chat off entirely just to actually have fun.

If anyone wants to push further into the matter, so be it. Personally, I'm dropping this issue, but also making a note about SR behavior and what it should be, since I enjoy playing with SR members, and when I'm in a server with you guys, I'm confident that I'm not going to be insult or anything, and that's what makes the servers so great.

I hope those of you who were offended accept my apology, and I'm sorry for the problem I made for the other SR members who were just playing and staying out of the whore ordeal.

Hopefully this also clears up a lot for the players who were in the server and had no idea what was going on. The ones who were staying out of it all, or came in late.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    There is a difference between messing around and behavior like you described.

Feel free to call them out in public, so they know that you were not taking it as a joke.

Afghanistan [AF]
    Bob
    From the way I see it Switchblade you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. If people push hard enough eventually your going to push back. I'm the same way. So by no means don't apologize for something someone else provoked.

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar
    I'm apologizing more to those who weren't affiliated with it. The bystanders, if you want to put it that way. Also I just felt a little bad for going off like that in front of everyone, but it did irritate me that an SR member was intently harassing me to such an extent. Like taunting me when I died and teamflashing me both at the spawn and while rushing places. I didn't even do anything to him in retaliaton, and all I said was that he wasn't representing the SR tag and he was being a this and that by not doing so. Apparently his defense was that it was just messing around and being silly so it was alright for him to do it. And what made it worse is that another member thought it was alright to jump in and start teamflashing me too after things had cooled down a bit.

And I'm starting to agree with you Bob, that I'm probably justified in being so angry.

Anyways, most of the SR members I see on the servers hold up the sR Tag reputation very well, however some are just, well, out of line at times and that needs to stop.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

To Zion goes I... Shan/KenDoRin's Avatar
    I agree. Switchblade has nothing to apologize for, but his apology is an example. This is model behavior from Switchblade. Even if he did nothing wrong, he reassures those who may have seen it a different way.

Hopefully, Switchblade, your thread will serve as an example to anyone wearing an sR tag.

"Do not let anyone look down upon you because you are young, but be an example for the believers in your speech, your conduct, your love, your faith, your purity." (1 Tim. 4:12)
    XPS M1530|Intel Core Duo T7250 2GHz|3 GB RAM|200 GB SATA 7200 RPM|NVIDIA GeForce 8600M

so spill the beans, who was it? It's time to go Sparta on some disrespectful members.

roflmyspace

wii friend code:2668-0266-1784-3270

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsodomy View Post
    so spill the beans, who was it? It's time to go Sparta on some disrespectful members.
    agreed. people need to be named
    aka MOJO (commence lag-out)
    aka Hal 9000

Deathscythe

names

names need to be given out so they can be delt with as that behavior isn't called for and i dont know how some ppl feel about me but i dont go harassing ppl or blatently team flashing or swearing for no reason or get mad very easily if something happens reapeatedly about me or such:ex my mic then i get mad and do anything to kill ppl even nade spam if i have to just blow off some steam depending on how much of said problem i was trying to ignore or deal with so i dont do anything in RL to anyone
    Last edited by Deathscythe; 04-16-2007 at 01:19 PM.

"So, I hear that you like Tea.." wick3dsick23's Avatar
    I wasn't playing yesterday, so I am not sure what went on. It is hard when playing a game to know if people are being serious or not.
    However, I have a really tough skin to these kind of things, so it doesn't bother me too much. Also, I think that it depends on how well you know the person. There are several members that can get pretty vicious with me (and I to them), simply because we know each other and know that it is all in jest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I fail.....the end.

To Zion goes I... Shan/KenDoRin's Avatar
    Switchblade, you deserve an apology, so please give some names, so we can hire a pair of burly convicts to run questionable experiments on the perps from the rear side until they either say sorry or go emo.

...Or would that not reflect well on sR?

"Do not let anyone look down upon you because you are young, but be an example for the believers in your speech, your conduct, your love, your faith, your purity." (1 Tim. 4:12)
    XPS M1530|Intel Core Duo T7250 2GHz|3 GB RAM|200 GB SATA 7200 RPM|NVIDIA GeForce 8600M

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast