Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PunkBuster Kicking you for Losing Key Packets?

Blog Entries

PunkBuster Kicking you for Losing Key Packets?

For the last 3 days my Battlefield 2142's PunkBuster has been kicking me for "Losing Key Packets"...

I Updated PunkBuster - That didnt work...
    I Reinstalled the latest patch - That didnt work...
    I Reinstalled the entire game - That worked, but only for 1 launching of the game..

Well, today i figured out the problem...

If you Right click on "My Computer" > Manage > Services & Applications > Services > (Now look for 2 services PnkBstrA & PnkBstrB) Make sure they are not disabled and are started...

Note: If one or both of those are missing then you can download this program: http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe It will reinstall both services and fix the problem...

My BF2142 is now free of all PB kicks... w00t
    Last edited by Teck; 03-16-2008 at 11:53 PM.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Afghanistan [AF]
    Bob
    I need to get that game.........I do have Bf2 but 2142 just seems to have more appeal to me. Although I think Americas Army has them both beat in fun factor. I like the realism I hate that it takes two shots to kill someone on BF2 and the "upgraded" 50 caliber has the worst accuracy I have ever seen.

^ Thats why you dont use the non-special-forces sniper upgrade.

And if it was one shot, it would be whored like the AWP... Just worse O_O
    My Flickr Photostream
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfluff View Post
    I had my first experience at the original Super Duper Weenie today. It was pretty awesome.

Man, that L96A1 sure is a spiffy sniper rifle. I spent many sessions of BF2 yelling "BOOM HEADSHOT!"

But yeah, Punkbuster can be a royal pain in the ass sometimes. And Evenbalance's support is non-existant.

ASUS P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe | 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR 2 800 | Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.53Ghz | Thermalright SI-128 with 120mm Panaflo | 2x nVidia 7800GTs in SLI | 2x 250GB Western Digital hard drives in RAID 0 | Lite-On 20X DVD-RW drive | Toshiba DVD-ROM

Dispenser? I hardly know her! TheShelks's Avatar
    thanks for the info i just got the message too

yea.. I've had those kicks too, there kinda annoying.. what happens is sometimes when you restart your comp.. they don't start with windows sometimes (the new PB exe files).. so when you get in game and stuff.. they don't completely boot up, so you lose key packets till you connect to a server again.. also I think EvenBalances PB servers are getting congested.. Because I know for a fact there not getting paid enough to counter hackers.. I wonder what there server set up is for PB.. They prolly use cardboard boxes for cases and towers..

And they probably shove Swiss Cake rolls into the disk drives.

ASUS P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe | 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR 2 800 | Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.53Ghz | Thermalright SI-128 with 120mm Panaflo | 2x nVidia 7800GTs in SLI | 2x 250GB Western Digital hard drives in RAID 0 | Lite-On 20X DVD-RW drive | Toshiba DVD-ROM

I've had this problem thanks for the fix Teck.

Blog Entries
    Not a problem! w00t
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    I need to get that game.........I do have Bf2 but 2142 just seems to have more appeal to me. Although I think Americas Army has them both beat in fun factor. I like the realism I hate that it takes two shots to kill someone on BF2 and the "upgraded" 50 caliber has the worst accuracy I have ever seen.
    50 cal rocks, you just need to understand how to use it. At long ranges the bullet arcs down so you may need to aim above the head.

@teck, I googled this problem and your post at gamemonitor came up first. thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast