Thread: chode since u want points...

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar

chode since u want points...

read this and pretty much agree:

Quote Originally Posted by some clan website
    If your visiting the site for the first time, it is probably because you saw me playing and noticed me at the top of the leaderboard at the end of the match. If your sole purpose is to score as many points as possible and rank up I will tell you how to do it every round you play. Many people will tell you how to score points, but as far as I'm concerned this is the definitive way.

What mode to play

For maximum points I prefer titan mode with FF off, including explosives.

What class to play

At the beginning of the match up until the titan shields are down you always want to play support to maximize your points. The guns are practically long rang sniper rifles with unlimited ammo and noob friendly. Combined with the ammo hub, your score is bound to rise rapidly.

When the titan shields go down you want to mainly play recon depending on how active the enemy is on your titan. Support is also effective when the shields go down.

What weapons to unlock

Support - The sentry gun and advanced ammo hub are all you need for max points. The stock guns are a lot better than the Ganz and Clark Shotgun, so don't bother unlocking them until you rank up. *edit* Since the 1.25 patch has been release, I recommend unlocking the Ganz, it has been improved while the stock LMGs have been nerfed quite badly.

Recon - RDX and APM are the most noob friendly weapons in the whole game. Your goal is to litter the titan with these weapons. Until you rank up, unlocking the Lambert isn't necessary. *edit* APM aren't as effective after patch 1.25, but the RDX still work quite well.

Player Abilities - I recommend unlocking up to the grenade unlock before unlocking any class specific items. Not being able to run for more than a few seconds is just annoying and will hinder your ability to escape. The grenade is essential to nade spamming in the titan corridors.

The strategy before the titan shields go down

During the whole round you want to be moving as much as possible, camping is a sure way of being at the bottom of the scoring list. Cap silos as much as possible. If the titans can move your best bet is to spawn at your titan and pod out to the silos. Spawning in transports can lead to a quick death if a noob pilot is flying, although if the titans aren't moving it may be your only option to maximize your coverage of the battlefield. Once again you want to be moving as much as possible, coverage is the key. Also, the crouch key is your friend, it will increase your accuracy immensely.

What to do at a silo

When you approach a silo ALWAYS throw an ammo hub down. Resupply points are pretty much freebies, even after you die. You often have recon and engineers throwing down mines near the silo, and they need resupplies. When you are capping the silo ALWAYS jump on top and crouch in the crevice between the vertical tube and the small angled lip. The lip provides a shield from enemy fire. I often have enemy approach the silo and not even see me. When the silo is capped, the cloud of smoke conceals you even more, so if you have a group of enemy approaching you can mow them down with the Bianchi or Shuko.

What to do when YOUR titan shield goes down

Let's face it, defending gives you way more points than attacking. You have the advantage when the enemy is podding onto your titan. You will want to switch to Recon and equip RDX and APM. Again, constant moving is the key with this strategy, specifically constant podding. I developed this strategy recently and has helped me in scoring points as well as increasing my k/d ratio.

The pod is your bird's eye view of the top of the titan. You will want to be podding as much as possible to get an idea of where the enemy is.

Once you spot an enemy try to land your pod on top of him. If you don't kill him, immediately drop an RDX and set it off. Your enemy will be distracted by your pod exploding and creating smoke. Not only will you most likely kill him with the RDX, but anyone near him will be killed as well. If you have time drop some APM as you make your way back to the pods. Keep doing this until the activity on top of the titan stops.

This is a demonstration of the podding technique:

YouTube - Battlefield 2142 Podding Technique

What to do when there is no enemy

Unfortunately, this can be a problem. You may scare them away with your constant RDX and APM spamming. At this point you can switch to support and if people are in the titan nade spamming, then join them and ALWAYS throw an ammo hub down. If all else fails, go back to capping silos.
    the titan guns are so easy to spam points off of. I've destroyed over 1000 of them last I checked, and you can get those 20pt pins, and 2x per round=easy 40pts from pin, and like 16-18 (i forgot) from just destroying them. Cap some silos, or assist, or defend + kill ppl at the silo's. I agree highly with just tossing around the ammo pack. I do it on the titan hangar when i fly the gunship and get resupply points (if im gunning).

Yesterday with you, I got 60+ points from resupplying noobs on our titan defending. Reparing the titan guns is easy, but since you and I can never get into a moveable titan server (at all, or that's good) where people actually occupy the guns (you don't get much pts when it's an empty seat) we can't get a lot points from that. In conquest, being a medic is some easy points. Since 1.25 apm's are kinda gay now, and I feel like I need 2 to compensate for their lameness to even get one kill. Apc spot f2 on berlin with a lot of people (and preferably noobs) is an easy ton of points and pins if u don't die a lot. I could go on, but you get the point. Just my thought since you are newER to the game and want the unlocks badly.

edit: and how could i forget. GO FOR THE BADGES! They help SO much with ranks/unlocks. Preferably the silver/gold of your fav 2 kits, and knife silver/gold. If you can, work towards the 2000pt ribbons too.
    Last edited by Essen; 05-17-2007 at 04:15 AM.

Maybe you forgot the previous round when I got gold by about 17 points over the next guy.

I always go for the badges and what not; what ribbons are worth 2k? I've gotten 2 500 point ribbons and the halo ribbon. I have like 4 or 5 silver badges, and a bunch of other crap. I'm closing on 50 hours for recon, so my gold badge isnt far off.

Nice. Just ranked up again.

Oh, great story, I was running all over silo 1 with my knife, (****ty hubia or whatever the hell that horrible map is called), when that rammer :kami: carby lands a yastreb right next to the silo. he and the occupants of the vehicle kill 3 of my squad members, while i run at an angle towards the yastrebs engine. I knife 2 guys outside the transport, and then knife the guy in the gunner seat. carby and some other guy then procede to switch into the same gunner seat and I stab them both in the face. (this was on that dig 48 man titan server)

kami can be cool if he isn't talking **** to you. he's actually a pretty good gunship pilot, i found this out today during my slump.

that is a nice knifing story. kami is also cool, and damn he is a good rammer, he followed me everywhere in the gunship at like 500+ altitude too.. he/she (I have a weird feeling it's a girl) is insane.

wewt. DICE ownted.

Nice, I got him the previous round when he was sniping from within a group of five other PAC soldiers. cloak + sprint + shank!

@kami, yea i think it is a girl.