Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timeouts and gun zoundz?

Timeouts and gun zoundz?

So, recently these two problems have been really getting on my nerves. Timeouts, are, well, timeouts. Happens every time Im in any of the sR server (Ive never been to any other CS server besides the sR ones, so I dont know if it does the same thing elsewhere) after a random amount of time. I never have and other programs running, or antivirus. I highly doubt that windows firewall is to blame because this happens with no other games I have.

The 'gun zoundz' problem is that, every time I start up CS, and load a game, no gun, door, ambient, or any other sounds accept for bullet impact will play. This goes on for two, to three rounds (or when ever a certain gun has been shot a bagillion times. Same with reloading) which is annoying because someone could walk up behind me and do what they please with me, with my knowledge or consent lol. Ive already tried deleting my cstrike folder, and that only made the problem worse (untill I put it back). When the cstrike folder was out none of my gun, door, etc. sounds would ever play.

Any ideas for a helpless whale? :closedeyes:
    My Flickr Photostream
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfluff View Post
    I had my first experience at the original Super Duper Weenie today. It was pretty awesome.

Gentoo FT... FT... FTSomething! silentsentinel's Avatar
    1) Fully uninstall Steam and CSS
    2) Run a regcleaner to ensure it's fully uninstalled, and give your machine a defrag
    3) Re-install Steam, and let CSS download
    4) Test game
    5) Realize that Steam never truly fully uninstalled, get mad, format your hard drive, break some monitors
    6) Reinstall Windows XP
    7) Goto Step 3

That's encouraging

Not fast enough,giver more juice Hunt3r's Avatar
    Another thing to try would be, right click cs:s in your steam "My Games" list then go to the properties tab and select verify integrity of game cache, afterwards right below that option is defragment your game files.

If all else fails click delete local content and then reload it but deleting steam or reformatting Windows XP should be a last ditch effort after all else fails.

Good Luck
    I see your blood and smell your fear, I will find you.

Gentoo FT... FT... FTSomething! silentsentinel's Avatar
    It was partially a joke, on the reformatting thing, heh.

Regardless, you'll probably have to fully reinstall Steam and jump through some hoops to ensure it's removed cleanly.

Yuck! I guess Ill have to try that. Thanks for the help >_<

EDIT: Oh, would I remove my mods before doing to cache thingy?
    My Flickr Photostream
    I had my first experience at the original Super Duper Weenie today. It was pretty awesome.

i would try what hunter said to do, but also try running your game without any of your mods.

steam-mattik13
    matt@straferight.com

Originally Posted by DennyCrane
    Halfway through, the loss of Assault, Frank, ASG clan, etc hit him and he wept in his maple syrup puddle.

Quote Originally Posted by bacon_x View Post
    i would try what hunter said to do, but also try running your game without any of your mods.
    Yeah, I already tried that... Unless you mean like, get rid of GMod and things like that thar?
    My Flickr Photostream

no , i meant skins and that pointless crap

steam-mattik13
    matt@straferight.com

Originally Posted by DennyCrane
    Halfway through, the loss of Assault, Frank, ASG clan, etc hit him and he wept in his maple syrup puddle.

Sometimes skins for certain weapons get fux0red when you install a new one. For some reason the script for that weapon redirects it to the wrong .wav file and you wont get any gunshot sounds. But you said it lasts two minutes, which is weird. What type of sound card do you have? Headphones? The delay might be a hardware issue. One time I downloaded a "Half Life 2 sound enhancer" or something like that, and my sounds were alllll messed up. That's when I stopped caring about G-mod and that crap. With skins, at least they're removable.

BTW, what's your system specs? From your video card to the name brand and manufacturer of your sound card. Make sure you have the latest drivers for everything. But, you probably already know all this crap already.

Since you said you think this only happens on sR servers.. try running a tracert and ping to the IP you are trying to connect to. See if you're getting any timeouts or packet loss.

Good luck bro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast