Thread: Rocket Launcher Help ...

Rocket Launcher Help ...

I decided to dust off BF2142 this weekend. I haven't played much since I bought it, but I was having an absolute blast this weekend with it. It got even more fun once I was able to actually kill someone before the match ended. *chuckles*

Anywho ... I went the assault route to get the better gun. I have yet to be effective with the rocket launcher though. Is there a trick to it that I'm not getting? It seems like everytime I fire the rocket it goes right through my target (or appears that way at least). I don't think I've killed anyone with it yet, much less hit them.

You wanna play rough? Okay Guntizzle's Avatar
    it doesn't explode on contact till it travels 20m, but you can still hit them closer, they just dont explode
    Last edited by Guntizzle; 05-29-2007 at 08:49 AM.

ahh, that is probably my problem. It seemed like each time I would try to use it against one of those walkers or tanks it would go right through them. I do remember always using it from pretty close distance (hiding behind a vehicle, obstacle, etc). I noticed that when I had it in scope view, and I used my mouse wheel, the distance indicator would change. Is this a manual setting for when the rocket will explode?

Yes it is. I've noticed though that my rockets often go through the titan when im on board. Sometimes they do damage, sometimes they dont.

those puny assult rockets do little or no damge to armor.use your mouse wheel to dial up distance or zoom in for distance of enemy add a few clicks and blast away.

The PK74 AR rockets are best used against Infantry that is behind cover. point your crosshair at the cover, zoom in, scroll up a notch and fire away the rockets will explode just beyond the cover killing any infantry entrenched near it. They are DEVASTATING to lone roof-campers.

ASUS P5N32 SLI SE Deluxe | 2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR 2 800 | Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 @ 2.53Ghz | Thermalright SI-128 with 120mm Panaflo | 2x nVidia 7800GTs in SLI | 2x 250GB Western Digital hard drives in RAID 0 | Lite-On 20X DVD-RW drive | Toshiba DVD-ROM