Thread: UT3 Cross Platform PLay and Release Month

UT3 Cross Platform PLay and Release Month

looks like they are on time for an October release and will be cross-platform playable... meaning you can be on your 360 and play someone who is playing on their PC...

A featured article in the latest Official Xbox Magazine has revealed some new details about Unreal Tournament 3. Epic games has set the release date around October 2007, and it looks like they are on track to release on time. Some of the new features mentioned in the article include 4 player co-op, confirmation of 18 new vehicles, and the inclusion of hover boards. Unreal Tournament 3 will also feature cross-play between the Xbox360 and PC versions. When asked about the disparities between an controller and a keyboard/mouse, Epic Games stated that the controls on the Xbox360 version are so good that half of the staff prefers the controller. Check below for some gameplay footage from the GDC.
    Unreal Tournament 3 - New Details - Gaming Today

I couldn't hear anything DJ_Wheels's Avatar
    Sweet! I can't wait.

Fragged
    Thank god I got a new rig sot hat I can play this game at the highest settings

is cross platform only with that games for windows live thing?
    aka MOJO (commence lag-out)
    aka Hal 9000

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skado View Post
    is cross platform only with that games for windows live thing?
    Probably, which means that you'll have to get Windows Vista to play against 360 players.

Also it'll be interesting to see what the leagues that play UT games (CAL TWL etc) do with this cross system gameplay.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Quote Originally Posted by SonicSpeed View Post
    Probably, which means that you'll have to get Windows Vista to play against 360 players.

Also it'll be interesting to see what the leagues that play UT games (CAL TWL etc) do with this cross system gameplay.
    probably create some crappy prog that you need to link up to before play.. like CPL does