Poll: Should action be taken against gameplay delayers?

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTN: Fellow Assault Whores: Action Against Game Delays

ATTN: Fellow Assault Whores: Action Against Game Delays

Don't you hate "that guy" who's the last person alive and hides to stay alive and save their gun? Or are you "that guy"?

It's understandable that people don't wanna die and lose their gun and stuff... but I feel that a line needs to be drawn when keeping their life/gun forces everybody else to wait until the end of the round or when someone finds them hiding and plants a cap in their FACE.

This can be applied to both teams... but the majority of the problem comes from the CT team. A lot of times CT's are afraid to come into the building, but I believe that even if they are scurred to enter the warehouse aka awphouse they shouldnt hold everybody else up. your whole teams dead... why not just join the bandwagon and have your soul raped the second you open that top back door and save everybody else that miserable minute and a half of watching you sit there with no intention of entering the warehouse to kill the T's inside. You know all the T's aren't going to come out... so whats the point?

I mean i think its totally acceptable to be chillin on the overpass when the rest of your team is alive and killin stuff, but it just delays gameplay when you that and you are the last guy on your team. but thats just what i think

So the purpose of this poll is to see what everybody else thinks would be the right thing for any assault admin to do concerning people delaying gameplay. Should we start to take action and warn/slay as necessary "that guy" whos hangin out on the overpass? Should we warn/slay a group of CT's chillin in the back alley not doing anything? Should everybody send money and their virgin daughters (if applicable) to pinpoint's house?

VOTE! and leave comments and stuff cause the whole point of this is to make all the assault players happy. you want things to change? done! you think things are fine the way they are? no problem! think theres a happy medium? lets do it

just let me know!

this is the disadvantage to css altogethers opposed to other fps games where you re spawn after a certain time in the same round....and was one of the reasons why i didnt jump into the game back in 1998...

its something you got to live with...

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukefrukem View Post
    this is the disadvantage to css altogethers opposed to other fps games where you re spawn after a certain time in the same round....and was one of the reasons why i didnt jump into the game back in 1998...

its something you got to live with...
    Duke (and his 1400 hrs of source play) is actually correct. Its a game, and you have to live with the quirks. I know in my former experiance in Assault (the old 33tic Assault) is that the rounds will last the full time because of the map and the inaccessability of the hostages.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

voted leave it be

and that 1400 hours of css doesnt even include 4 seasons of CAL

opps!.. I forgot.. I don't have a daughter ! :P ah well.

We'll have to leave it be - ever since we could play that map in source it's been an issue... it's just one of the aspects of the map (and usually why I don't play it that much any more). People can camp and be stupid on other maps just as well... but this one just natually brings it out. *shrugs*
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Assault is fine as-is. It's admins do an excellent job.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

I say let it be. Only people that deserve a slayin' are hostage killers, glitchers that dont comply, and asshats.

roflmyspace

wii friend code:2668-0266-1784-3270

personally i feel its situational.if its 1v3 and a ct just sits outside, im making him/her move. on the other hand, if its 1v7, ill let the t's take a chance and rush outside if they want.

steam-mattik13
    matt@straferight.com

Originally Posted by DennyCrane
    Halfway through, the loss of Assault, Frank, ASG clan, etc hit him and he wept in his maple syrup puddle.

Germany [DE]
    UI
    Ditto...unless there's like one guy left with a minute+ to go, then I'd warn him to start making some progress. Other than that, if there's only a few secs left in the round let it be -- maybe the t's will rush out last second and rape him anyway

Gentoo FT... FT... FTSomething! silentsentinel's Avatar
    i think it's fine, if there's an admin on the rules are followed

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)