Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Source G15 Mod - Need Beta Testers!

Source G15 Mod - Need Beta Testers!

ok so the CS:S mod that i made for the g15 keyboard is kinda finished... i would greatly appreciate it if some people could test it out for me and let me know about any problems or suggestions they might have

here is the setup (keep in mind this is the beta so the only thing i was worried about was the mod itself... icons and fancy stuff will come later)

Source LCD Setup

so here are the instructions since i was too lazy to make a readme:

first install the program. then, you need to add "-condebug" to your launch options in steam. you can do this two ways: go into steam and right click source and go to properties and then at the bottom it will say set launch options... click that and just type -condebug and hit ok... or if you use a cs:s shortcut from your desktop, right click the shortcut and hit properties. under target add -applaunch 240 to the end after teh quotes.

once you have done one of these two things... open up the program fromthe shortcut on your desktop... this starts the program every time you want it to run when you place source. the first tiem you run it click configure... and specify where your cstrike folder is. if you dont know where that is, go to valve in your program files... click steam, then steamapps, then your username, then counter striek source, then cstrike and thats the folder its lookin for. dont worry about changing read/display times yet. hit ok

ok now you can use the program. use the lcd button to browse to "Source LCD" (you might want to change in your LCD properties and disable autoswitching so it only shows Source LCD while oyu are playing)

the buttons for the mod work like this:
    the first button does nothing as of yet since this = beta and i last minute disabled that button
    teh second button toggles between showing you statistics and the damage you gave from the last round.
    the last two buttons scroll up and down.. when looking at statistics you can scroll between Session, Match, and Round statistics... when looking at damage it only scrolls up and down the list. the display only shows two damage lines at a time

at the beginning of every new round hit the "v" key on your keyboard... this signifies a new round in sourcelcd as there was no possible way for the program to be able to tell when there is a new round on its own. DONT FORGET to do this or the CT's and T's left will not display properly until you hit new round at the beginning of the next round.

the lcd will flash black every time you get a kill to alert you that you got a kill

when you die it automatically displays the damage you gave for a certain amount of time and will then revert back to whatever it displayed last

oh... and if oyu are having problems with the new round "v" key not doing anything... go into your console and type "exec autoexec.cfg" which should fix your problem... you only need to do that once

oh and for the record the CT's and T's left only works in servers with manimod on them... but stats and damage adn all that works in all servers

any other questions just ask me

otherwise use this post to tell me problems and/or suggestions

You wanna play rough? Okay Guntizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinpoint View Post
    at the beginning of every new round hit the "v" key on your keyboard...
    i'de forget to do that alot... but ill try it out when i get back from quakecon

StrafeRight Member
    ok i downloade it tryed it out now the first button dont work like u said the 2nd does and the up adn down work and disples athe kills/deaths/kdr/ct/t stuff but its does NOT show the kills or any thing it just showes what u made so can ya help me out ? i got the basic stuff but its not displaying my in game info and im hiting v every round and i get this dumb ass error when u install it saying im missing soem of your files lol

lol alright pot ill take a look at the install... and the reason it might not be getting data from the game is if you didnt put in -condebug in your launch options in the game and if you didnt specify the right place for your cstrike folder in the configuration options

what files did it say it was missing when you got that error?

StrafeRight Member
    Here are soem screen shots of what i get and i got it in the cstirke folder to read like you said to do also i did this -applaunch 240 not the other way

Ouch that background hurts my eyes

you can see that the path points to pinpoints install directory.

Pot did you do this ? see below
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinpoint View Post
    o

once you have done one of these two things... open up the program fromthe shortcut on your desktop... this starts the program every time you want it to run when you place source. the first tiem you run it click configure... and specify where your cstrike folder is. if you dont know where that is, go to valve in your program files... click steam, then steamapps, then your username, then counter striek source, then cstrike and thats the folder its lookin for. dont worry about changing read/display times yet. hit ok
    edit: after more thought it looks like it maybe choking before you get a chance to hit configure ?
    looks like a cool program btw pin
    Last edited by K_Dog; 08-06-2007 at 06:03 PM.

lol yea thats my bad... i probably didnt recode the location when i created the part of the program that checks your autoexec.cfg. the program attempts to read for it right in the beginning, before it even allows you to change it which is somethin i gotta fix... ill repost updated version shortly

please bear in mind im still a noobie vb programmer :P

but did you guys get the actual program part running? like does it show your session stats and damage and stuff?

the v key wont do anything until i fix that autoexec thing, so you wont be able to see ct's or t's alive but you should be able to see your kills deaths etc
    Last edited by Pinpoint; 08-06-2007 at 06:31 PM.

StrafeRight Member
    i get the standrd info show up but it does NOT show me any of my stats. like i see what u made in the programe but my stats dont show at all

here is the updated beta so you dont get those file errors

i didnt get to test out this update cause im on my laptop at cape may but it should work

SourceLCD Setup V1.1

and pot did you do the condebug thing in your launch options?

StrafeRight Member
    yes sir omng i installed new updated did nothing new but get rid of errors mmmm can i get some help? via xfire,vent,ts,calling my phone lol
    Last edited by straferightpot; 08-06-2007 at 08:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast