Page 1 of 10 126 ... LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2: Episode Three (Speculation)

Half-Life 2: Episode Three (Speculation)

Developer: Valve Software
    Genre: Sci-Fi First-Person
    Release Date: TBA 2009

Concept Art

We pretty much know nothing about whats gonna happen in Episode Three, aside from the main "goal", but this thread will be to discuss theories until more info is released. Spoilers in here so beware. This first post is your only warning.

ps- im upset that they didn't put a trailer in for episode 3 at the end of episode 2
    Last edited by Dukefrukem; 01-12-2009 at 11:34 PM.

post for info

Last edited by knife rush ftw; 09-02-2008 at 10:54 PM.

Product of Determination Koniec's Avatar

anyone remember the leaked release code for HL2 way back when? as I recall, the game originally started off on the ship "the borealis"

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    damn, that's big!

Quote Originally Posted by DNvCross View Post
    anyone remember the leaked release code for HL2 way back when? as I recall, the game originally started off on the ship "the borealis"
    i remember the leaked code, but i didnt remember where it took place. im still waiting for valve to incorporate the aqua monster we saw in the original trailer

Hiro
    Quote Originally Posted by knife rush ftw View Post
    So back to Ep2: AS probably made a large scale portal device, and something messed up and accidentally transported that ship to the arctic, along with half the dry dock, as Kliener said. So maybe in Ep3 they go there and maybe find the portal technology from the game Portal.
    Or maybe that "explosion," if you could call it that, at the end of portal was actually the portal that teleported the borealis. You just wind up outside the dry dock at the end with debris falling around you, and the dry dock and the borealis end up in the antarctic.

BTW, I thought the Mutual Friend Chapter in EP2 was pretty interesting... Alix under the influence of G-Man... hmmm... I think he uses her for some "pressure relief." *wink, wink*

Quote Originally Posted by Dukefrukem View Post
    i remember the leaked code, but i didnt remember where it took place. im still waiting for valve to incorporate the aqua monster we saw in the original trailer
    Content cut from Half-Life 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    damn, that's big!

couple of things:

The G-Man whispers a message to Alyx - "Prepare for unforeseen consequences." (which is also a chapter in Half-life) The G-Man tells her to relay the message to her father.

Alyx delivers Judith Mossman's message to Eli, and additional video information is found embedded in the carrier signal.

The Footage shows the hull of an Aperture Science research ship called the Borealis, which is revealed to have been thought lost some time ago. The Borealis still exists and is somewhere north of the City 17 region. Eli Vance talks to Gordon alone and indicates that he is aware of the involvement of the G-Man in events as far back as the destruction of Black Mesa - he refers to the G-Man only as "our mutual friend". He indicates to Gordon that Judith's rediscovery of the "the project" is not a good thing, and that if Gordon gets a chance, he should destroy the Borealis for good.

It is presumed the ship is in an Arctic area, by footage of Dr Mossman in a coat and these screenshots showing it snowing by the ship in Episode Two. A monitor scene in Episode One shows an 'Arctic base' (as described by a commentary node) area, possibly previewing an area for a future episode? Half-Life 2: Episode Three in snow???

also in Portal:

players control Chell Johnson, a test participant in the Aperture Science Enrichment Center. Gameplay revolves around the "Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device"

Page 1 of 10 126 ... LastLast