Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Improve your FPS in CoD4

Improve your FPS in CoD4

I found this over at COD4Forums.com (Powered by Invision Power Board). It seems like it helped many people. It basically closes any unnecessary programs that run while you game. Some people claimed an increase of 70fps but I don't know.

Made by Scott

This will allow you to specify (or automatically) which services to close (only unneeded) for optimum performance while gaming.

It has semi-advanced API hooking for 2-3% more effectiveness.

This should boost your FPS by ~ 70

Download: zSHARE - cod4optimize.rar
    Run: CoD4Optimizer
    Select: Gaming
    Click: OK

You're done

Enjoy and please share it around

Note: If you get an error saying you're missing dependencies (OCX, DLL) download and install

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/libraryfiles.exe which will solve all of those problems
    Last edited by Johnny Drama; 11-07-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Meh. That's nothing special. You could do that yourself by just disabling services and closing programs you don't need beforehand. I think a gain of 70fps is total BS. If you get a gain of 70fps, you had some seriously messed up stuff running on your computer. If you keep your system optimized and clean from the start, you'll see a 0% gain with this.

Also, some of the selections in this program seem potentially unsafe.

Ok, sorry dopefish for posting this. I won't help next time if you're going to tear it apart.

My biggest issue is just know which ones I can just disable while playing or on startup. Though I just never took the time to look at it and I remove most of the junk that I know I don't need running unless I ask it to.... but... stopping the spooler service and some of that other stuff? yeah, don't really need it to be running.. but... i don't think those types of services actually take up much processing power...
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Ok, sorry dopefish for posting this. I won't help next time if you're going to tear it apart.
    He wasn't trying to "tear it apart", he's simply stating that all it does is closes processes that average computer users might not know how to. Advanced users (like Dope) keep their computers optimized already, so he doesn't need a program to do it for him.

It's still a good program for average users.

But he's right, if you get 70 FPS gain from just shutting down unneeded services, you have a much bigger problem than gaming performance.

What is the run command? "MSConfig?" I forget everything that has to do with a PC since I bought my MBP. I could never seem to find all the programs there that were actually running?

cool post

She has her G-string tuned to A Gargs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    What is the run command? "MSConfig?"

Affirm : msconfig will let you set up startup services. Also, have a look in:
    control panel>Administrative Tools>Services

Don't change anything unless you know what it does though.

Main station: Intel i7-920 2.66GHz@3.2GHz, 12GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Barracuda 3x1TGB, Antec 750W PSU, 2x eVGA 460-GTX 1GB SLI, Thermaltake V1-AX, Cooler Master CM Storm

Peripherals: 2x Samsung 25" WS LED, Cooler Master Sirus Headset, Logitech G110, Saitek X52 Hotas, Saitek Pro Rudders, 2x Thrustmaster F16 MFD, Track IR3, Nostromo n52, Logitech G700, Wacom Intuos3 Tablet (6x8)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
    Meh. That's nothing special. You could do that yourself by just disabling services and closing programs you don't need beforehand. I think a gain of 70fps is total BS. If you get a gain of 70fps, you had some seriously messed up stuff running on your computer. If you keep your system optimized and clean from the start, you'll see a 0% gain with this.

Also, some of the selections in this program seem potentially unsafe.
    exactly.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

nlite for xp and/or vlite for vista
    definitely msconfig is the way to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-07-2007, 05:15 PM
  2. 11-07-2007, 04:13 PM