Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CS_Assault Glitch Fixing

CS_Assault Glitch Fixing

I was bored today, and pissed at glitchers so I started poking around with entspy and hammer.
    I noticed that you could place new serverside ents with entspy, because when a client connects to a server, it sends all the point ent data to them.

So I placed some invisible prop_dynamic blast doors to make it impossible to access those glitch areas (Like the roof next to CT Spawn)
    I then saved the bsp, tested it and laughed as my friends went splat when they were trying to get onto the roof and such.

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
    tl;dr fixed the glitches by placing invisble props to block them and preserved the map checksum so that only the server requires the new bsp

Comments?
    Last edited by ThePro; 11-17-2007 at 09:38 PM.

CS:S Noobage
    cool thats awesome I hate ct glitchers it serves no purpose at lkeast T glichers get something out of it not that I condone glitching in the first place... but that roof is just stupid

Love the idea Pro...I'd like to run this by a few people for testing. We just might have use for it. No one hates glitching more than me

/agree.
    Assault Monkeys ON YOUR BACK!

Germany [DE]
    UI
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Love the idea Pro...I'd like to run this by a few people for testing. We just might have use for it. No one hates glitching more than me
    chuuch.

Cool find.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

smart man

steam-mattik13
    matt@straferight.com

Originally Posted by DennyCrane
    Halfway through, the loss of Assault, Frank, ASG clan, etc hit him and he wept in his maple syrup puddle.

Im sure all of the admins would greatly appreciate that change

Dang glitchers are annoyin!
    Assault Monkeys ON YOUR BACK!

Quote Originally Posted by ThePro View Post
    I was bored today, and pissed at glitchers so I started poking around with entspy and hammer.
    I noticed that you could place new serverside ents with entspy, because when a client connects to a server, it sends all the point ent data to them.

So I placed some invisible prop_dynamic blast doors to make it impossible to access those glitch areas (Like the roof next to CT Spawn)
    I then saved the bsp, tested it and laughed as my friends went splat when they were trying to get onto the roof and such.

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
    tl;dr fixed the glitches by placing invisble props to block them and preserved the map checksum so that only the server requires the new bsp

Comments?
    alllo, just wondering if you'd know how to fix the ability for players to see the feet of people in the vent...and if i can run an invisible wall along the bottom so they can't be shot? if so how might i do that?

This is a slightly more tricky matter. The best way to accomplish this would be to re-compile the map's clipping planes only, after adding a small (thinking 2-unit high) player clip floor to the vent.

If this doesn't modify the .bsp's MD5 hash, the server should recognize the map as fine. However, this will remove the vent sound of people dropping down into vent. Instead, it will sound like people dropping down onto concrete. It may also affect the placement of player's heads in the vent, causing them to rise up into the vent ceiling or even stick up through the top of the vent.

All-in-all, there's no easy solution to this one. Not without actually modifying the BSP data anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    damn, that's big!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 11-17-2007, 10:25 PM