Thread: TF2 and sR?

Assault Fiend

TF2 and sR?

Yeah, I haven't payed much attention lately as to weather or not sR suddenly has a TF2 server again. Though, as people mentioned, if we did have a server it's obvious a few changes, if implemented, would drastically make the server more sought.

In any case, I'm pretty sure our server is still done away with, thanks to you COD4 crazies.

First off, if the TF2 server was up... We need new maps, though nothing gimmicky. For example, V3_Turbine is an excellent CTF map. Castle is a great team control map. One of the classic versions of Well that I played wasn't bad, it was just massive, too big in my opinion.

I'm not sure why this is, but half of sR is either for or against stats (not to mention the fact that people refer to stats sheepishly, almost afraid of what others might say to them because they brought them up). It's really not a big deal. I'm for them, but if you aren't for them, then simply disregard them. Stats in this game are no where near CSS. I mean, some people may play differently in CSS based on their stats, they my T whore, and what not, to ensure the furthering advancement of their stats. It's really not like that in TF2, it's just not the same kind of game. Sure it's competitive, but it's so fun that it's not an agent to change the way one plays the game. I play on WVU's server. Which btw is always full, no matter what time a day, from dusk till dawn. it's nuts. They have all 6 default maps in rotation(which is a very good thing), and at least two to three customs which change periodically. Also, they have HLstatsX. There is no denying that the stats motivate people to hand over their lives to the game. I mean, they simply get hooked, and play and play, and play more when they realize they are flying down the ranks closer and closer to #1. It's incentive, it makes an already fun game more fun for most. So, to you nay-sayers, hush. Because I really don't see why this is "not needed at all."

Oh well... all this blabber is really for nothing if we don't have a server. Hopefully someday------- sometime soon we'll have one again. Until then, WVU here I COME!
    Last edited by Orca; 12-04-2007 at 12:54 AM.

CS:S Noobage
    I agree with everything Orca has said... I love Playing with sR members no matter the game!

it's all i play, do we still have a vent channel for it? we can go bouncin round w/ out an actual sR server

use any of the Public FPS rooms

Assault Fiend
    guys, consider the following server sR's backup server. lol. It's my fav server, and I sometimes see people from sR there, such as Yankeedeuce(sp?), and Matt. Anyway, it's a 32player server, really fast, all 6 original map rotation, at least 3 new awesome maps, instant spawn, and HLstatsX... Fun server! ;D

btw it's almost always full...

here's the IP:
    208.122.49.153:27015

here's the name of the server:
    WVU Let's Go Mountaineers - I have [Cock and Balls].

CS:S Noobage
    I've played there a time or 2... I'm def game!

Assault Fiend
    awesome!

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar
    Orca are u from totalbf2142 forums?

Assault Fiend
    nope.

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-04-2007, 12:52 AM