Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Killzone 2 (PS3) Screenshots Doctored

  1. #1
    ALTMAN BE PRAISED Dopefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USG Ishimura
    Posts
    4,250

    Killzone 2 (PS3) Screenshots Doctored

    "[The screenshots] are only the tiniest bit touched up ... there was a little bit of colour-correction done and some minor polish, but nothing major."

    I don't know how they can call that minor. The lighting makes a major difference.


    Full article in the link below:
    Killzone 2 dev admits screenshots 'touched up' - Joystiq

  2. #2
    Get Off My Lawn Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,060
    yeh read about this. this is nothing that isn't done to every game that gets released. of course this game gets the most attention because of lying of the 2005 E3 video and because of course its a Sony exclusive.

  3. #3
    ALTMAN BE PRAISED Dopefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USG Ishimura
    Posts
    4,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukefrukem View Post
    yeh read about this. this is nothing that isn't done to every game that gets released. of course this game gets the most attention because of lying of the 2005 E3 video and because of course its a Sony exclusive.
    While games at E3 typically get unveiled with ridiculously fake pre-rendered art, the actual screenshot images aren't doctored. Look back at all the games that have been released in the last 6 months and tell me how many have had doctored screenshots?

    I'm not picking on it because it's a Sony exclusive. I'm not picking on it at all. I just think that no matter what company you are, you shouldn't overhype your product. Because when the final product hits (Crysis), it's complete junk.

  4. #4
    may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    some western town
    Posts
    47,877
    The lighting (angles, direction) itself is similar, it's the richness of the right-hand photo that makes the difference.

    With most of the development studios releasing cutscenes and other screengrabs that don't exactly show the in-game final result, it's not really surprising or scandalous.

  5. #5
    Get Off My Lawn Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
    While games at E3 typically get unveiled with ridiculously fake pre-rendered art, the actual screenshot images aren't doctored. Look back at all the games that have been released in the last 6 months and tell me how many have had doctored screenshots?

    I'm not picking on it because it's a Sony exclusive. I'm not picking on it at all. I just think that no matter what company you are, you shouldn't overhype your product. Because when the final product hits (Crysis), it's complete junk.
    of course they are dope. look at the sceenshots they released for quake wars.


  6. #6
    ALTMAN BE PRAISED Dopefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USG Ishimura
    Posts
    4,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukefrukem View Post
    of course they are dope. look at the sceenshots they released for quake wars.

    Okay. I stand corrected. You've shown a screenshot from one game out of the 50+ released in the last six months. My bad. Tell me more that have been doctored?

    So the ET:QW doctored the explosion sprite and the physics of the car blowing up. The rest is the same. The lighting is the same. The textures are all the same. The terrible bump mapping on the car is still the same.

  7. #7
    ಠ_ಠ panic!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Posts
    3,228
    This is like twice now where these guys have tried to pass off stuff as in game... I'd say that deserves a little more attention.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    denny, i didn't know your cadillac had crank windows.

  8. #8
    Get Off My Lawn Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
    Okay. I stand corrected. You've shown a screenshot from one game out of the 50+ released in the last six months. My bad. Tell me more that have been doctored?

    So the ET:QW doctored the explosion sprite and the physics of the car blowing up. The rest is the same. The lighting is the same. The textures are all the same. The terrible bump mapping on the car is still the same.
    So what you're telling me is its okay to photoshop explosions and physics but not lighting? Dope this is a very common thing for releasing games. Look at ANY game.






  9. #9
    ALTMAN BE PRAISED Dopefish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    USG Ishimura
    Posts
    4,250
    I can understand if they release a screenshot and say "hey, this is what we'd like our game to look like and this is our goal." That would be fine with me. And really, with that screenshot comparison, I don't see any complications. A little different lighting and a post processing filter and you'd have it. Lots of games use that stuff now. Look at Mass Effect. It uses a really nice post processing filter.

  10. #10
    Get Off My Lawn Dukefrukem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    16,060
    Quote Originally Posted by panic! View Post
    This is like twice now where these guys have tried to pass off stuff as in game... I'd say that deserves a little more attention.
    please.... :rolleyes: the first time they blatantly lied yes but now they are using that lie against them about this photoshoping thing which is done for EVERY game... EVERY single game has this.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

  1. 12-11-2007, 11:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Advertise:
Ads@StrafeRight.com

Terms of Service || Privacy & DMCA Policies || About Us
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 AM.
Design by DanFortH