Poll: AWP in sR Rotation

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: ROTO AWPs

ROTO AWPs

It has been brought to my attention from several people that all the awps in ROTO may be killing the game. With the diverse maps, the ability to keep people on the server, esp with a small number of players is made more difficult due to AWP whoring. So let's let the majority decide.

it seems like we've had this argument before, about restrictions on the office and assault threads

:sob::sob::sob:
    Shotty h4x FTW!!!

:Rig:
    -(Asus P7P55D)-(Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8ghz)-(4GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1333)-(Saphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5)-(Antec 850w)-

AWP for the win.... Autosnipe for the greater win.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Some friends are just annoying J-Mix's Avatar
    i think right now since it is not very popular that we should limit it. Then when traffic picks back up we can leave it be.

Credit to JFluff for this amazing sig

Quote Originally Posted by Unbroken View Post
    it seems like we've had this argument before, about restrictions on the office and assault threads

:sob::sob::sob:
    Yes we have. And I already know how this poll will turn out. But the majority speaks. I will look at the poll after the Holiday.

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbroken View Post
    The real irony is that we have the same set of choices usually for the Autosniper and it usually gets banned (even though its part of the game as well as the AWP)
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

I don't mind the AWP at all. It's when there's 3 v 3 and the whole team buys AWPs and makes everyone leave. I can just buy an AWP myself, but screw that. That shit isn't fun.

I know I'm only one person, and I know my opinions don't matter to some. In fact they'll beg for the contrary just to spite me. But I still stand by my previous statement. I will instantly leave the server if there are less than 10 people and someone buys a damn AWP. It's pathetic, lame, and ridiculous. Some of you mmight be amused by my complaining, oh well.

I voted 1 for now, until the server gets more populated, we can unlock it completely.

P.S. It's also pathetic when it's done in office, but it's easier to counter since it's a small enclosed map. When it does get out of hand, I jump off the server too.

Hopefully this poll will determine my decision to play more on the server.

whoever cries about any gun in the game are noobs its not like the each of the guns were thrown into the game by other players after the game's release so i guess you guyz know what i picked in poll then though i alos agree with Jmixx...being that it isn't as popular as the other servers you may have to at least limit the "Professional" weapons a team can have
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

Quote Originally Posted by No-Fear View Post
    whoever cries about any gun in the game are noobs its not like the each of the guns were thrown into the game by other players after the game's release so i guess you guyz know what i picked in poll then though i alos agree with Jmixx...being that it isn't as popular as the other servers you may have to at least limit the "Professional" weapons a team can have
    I'm not crying, trust me. I'm also not saying that your message was implied to me, but I'm just letting you know in advance. I'm just not going to play when there's less than 10 people on a server and you are AWPing. That person or people are noobs.

So don't throw in that "it's part of the game" because TRUST me, if someone randomly joins the server, it doesn't matter how GOOD or NOOB the person is. If the server is practically empty, and you are AWPing, they will most likely leave and erase the server IP from their history.

I don't know about you guys, but I want this roto to actually be part of StrafeRight for a long time and not die out like it has the last couple of times. The registry is beautiful, minimal choke, but a bunch of AWP whoring sluts.

whatever. I'll use the awp as much as I feel like when I'm there. It should be up to the individual.

so having said that, I rarely AWP when there's few people, unless someone is pissing me off and I'm doing it to be a prick to them.

Might as well ban them as a test. if we get more population, leave them banned. some map tweaking like Craig did (sorry Sigh) will also help. Piransei is awesome but most don't seem to know it. port is awesome, but has the same problem. Italy, Dust2, and Aztec seem to draw people.

I know a lot of us have problems with Aztec but I do believe people still like it.

Prodigy is fun to see as well.

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-22-2007, 03:54 PM