Poll: Would you actively play on the sR CoD4 server if it was brought back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: StrafeRight CoD4 Server

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar

StrafeRight CoD4 Server

I don't mean to beat this to death, but is there any chance of getting the sR CoD4 public server back? I thought I remember hearing that the reason we dropped it was because of the "master server" issue. It made sense as no one was joining our server because they couldn't see it.

Well now I know I can see most of the server (if not all), but I dunno if they have the problem fully fixed.

Lately, we have all been meeting up in Vent and playing CoD4. 8 - 12 of us have been in vent each time. We've been doing the only thing we can do atm...joining other popular servers. Every night we flood a server and the people there always ask why we don't have our OWN server.

They type we usually play on is S&D Hardcore or S&D Tactical Hardcore servers. It seems that all the successful server run ONE type of game mode.

CS:S Noobage
    I'm on board, I've just gotten it (Christmas) But I'd certainly rather play with the crew... I usually play HQ or TDM but I'll play any game type I'm not biased (I've been playing HQ to get leveled up seems the easiest way to me I'm at 34 or 35 I just picked up the G36C and Red Dotted it tonight!) Anyways I'm on the server if it returns!!! HELL YEAH!!!

i bought it a few days ago, and im a freakin addict. i was bummed when i saw they shut it down, BRING THAT SHIT BACK
    Shotty h4x FTW!!!

:Rig:
    -(Asus P7P55D)-(Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8ghz)-(4GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1333)-(Saphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5)-(Antec 850w)-

Quote Originally Posted by nagmier View Post
    I'm on board, I've just gotten it (Christmas) But I'd certainly rather play with the crew... I usually play HQ or TDM but I'll play any game type I'm not biased (I've been playing HQ to get leveled up seems the easiest way to me I'm at 34 or 35 I just picked up the G36C and Red Dotted it tonight!) Anyways I'm on the server if it returns!!! HELL YEAH!!!
    I personally like Domination the best, just because I hate specing campers for 5 minutes. S&D is okay as long as the plant time is short. I'll play about any mode except free for all.

I know that with Christmas many more people have picked up the game. I've seen several new people on Vent and its great fun.

G3 + Red Dot = Hax
    M4 + Silencer = Pwn

the problem with CoD4 (aside from the mentioned technical bugs on the Infinity Ward side) are that is has a huge number of game modes and then even more variables for how the game is setup.

This makes is nearly impossible to find the right mix...and man did we try when we had the server. What some people liked, others didn't. And if they didn't like the setup, they simply didn't play on the server. so we would change the setup, and the original group wouldn't like it and so on and so forth.

CoD4 is a fun game...I just don't see it working here for a myriad of reasons. But remember, we did try it for a while and did want to see it be a successful server for the community. It just didn't happen. And I don't think the master server bug is fixed yet either. I may be wrong about that, but I have been checking and have not seen a patch that addresses that bug.

Now if there's a ton of people that want to try again, we can reconsider but it would have to be a monumental community movement abd I just don't know if we have the groundswell of support to push it.
    Last edited by wootini; 12-31-2007 at 12:21 AM.

Well I'd want it back just cause I hate every other server lol. I can't stand the nade spamming and bs shots at other places. The little time I played at sR was great!

Quote Originally Posted by Aznsharpshooter5 View Post
    Well I'd want it back just cause I hate every other server lol. I can't stand the nade spamming and bs shots at other places. The little time I played at sR was great!
    :yeahthat:

Lately I've been kicked from servers more and more for dumb stuff. The "realism" servers seem to be closer to the type of play I like... (more mature players), but then they ruin it by adding a thousands ridiculous rules that make the game cater noobs with slow responses.

My other issue is just getting in servers. We play on "Blackhats" quite often, but trying to get 10 of us on the same popular server is impossible. It would be nice to have a spot on a server if it was full.

Platanos con salami... DominiKing's Avatar
    Yeah, there's always a bunch of us playing while on vent all the time. I would love to bring back the server, i vote for S&D, HQ or DOM. All in Hardcore, it's the only way to play.

If people could see the server I think it'd be great. It'd also be way better if we can have spots for ourselves when we play. This way we can all be on one team and just try out our tactics and own!

Well the vote is in, let's hope for the best. sR ftw!
    "Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum!" [SIZE=1]-Admiral Firmus Piett

Quote Originally Posted by DominiKing View Post
    If people could see the server I think it'd be great. It'd also be way better if we can have spots for ourselves when we play. This way we can all be on one team and just try out our tactics and own!

Well the vote is in, let's hope for the best. sR ftw!
    First off, I wasn't referring to actual "reserved slots"...just the ability to get an admin to make room if need be.

Secondly, Clan/Team stacking won't fly! The server will empty immediately if you try that. I know this from experience with our BF2 server... if you stack all sR & Pwn...everyone leaves.

We have a private match server and can setup scrims if we wanna try out tactics.

Could we maybe try a smaller player slot server...say 20 or something?
    Last edited by BetterOffDead; 12-31-2007 at 01:01 AM.

Me want COD 4 server muahhhhhhhhhhh!

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 12-31-2007, 09:13 AM
  2. 12-30-2007, 10:46 PM