Thread: Need a little help...

Germany [DE]
    UI

Need a little help...

So Steam was giving me some shit earlier this afternoon...it kept failing to update or even open sometimes, so I decided to shit-can it and do a complete re-install of Orange Box.

Well, I go to start up hl2 (and both of the episodes) and I get to the loading screen after the valve logo, and BAM: "Platform Error(engine error): module failed to initialize."

Wtf is going on? Am I going to have to reinstall this shit for the 3rd time today? :mad:

omfg that happen to me....did you overclock your cpu??? i had to turn my shit all the way back to 2.4ghz a couple of days from 3.6ghz and its driving me up the wall.....but i do not get the error after setting my cpu to factory default speed..and it runs @ 41C on full load so overheating cannot be a problem...my gpus runs around 109 degrees...and i just started to have these problems...i did a complete reinstall twice too...but now i run @ 229fps in counterstrike and 241 in TF2 and i lag so hard when i create my own server but when i play online its fine wtf???
    Last edited by No-Fear; 02-12-2008 at 08:30 PM.
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

Germany [DE]
    UI
    No...no overclocking or anything. Just reinstalled it and it went all to hell.

Is it something with the orange box ?? I've had CSS & HL2 since the day it launched and never had problems. I bought the orange box so i could have the other goodies but since then i have been having problems with steam in general. My next guess would be to reinstall your graphic card driver..Are you running XP or Vista??
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-12-2008, 08:22 PM