Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: criticism welcome

criticism welcome

This is the start of a work in progress. This is the team I scrim with, starting with meee:

The second scene (dust2) is going to get deleted. tell me what you think of the rest of it so far:

http://dnvcross.feartheturtle.net/transfer/revep.wmv

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    damn, that's big!

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    good music choice, slow-mo on the multi-kills is sweet. The Dust2 piece wasn't as exciting as the rest.

Nice job.

Not bad, got some nice kills and good music, the only thing you might want to try and clean up are the slow motion scenes, they seem a bit jerky.

i dont want to play you guys

steam-mattik13
    matt@straferight.com

Originally Posted by DennyCrane
    Halfway through, the loss of Assault, Frank, ASG clan, etc hit him and he wept in his maple syrup puddle.

Criticism: You RAWK! :yahoo:

Last edited by DNvCross; 02-21-2008 at 07:38 PM.

Pretty good for a rough draft.

Tips before continuing
    - Remove the HUD
    It makes it appear more cinematic. Watching it with the HUD makes it seem like I'm watching a demo.

- Wide screen resolution
    Again, makes it more cinematic. A lot of movies nowadays are wide screen resolution. 16:9 aspect ratio is your best bet. I record my movies @ 1280x720 even though I play @ 1680x1050
    Run it in windowed mode if you don't have a wide screen monitor and create a shortcut just for your movie making needs.

- Download a movie config

If you have more than one account, I suggest you use the movie config on the account you don't use (that often). The config does it all. It removes the HUD completely, keeping only the crosshair, kill/death notice, CT/T win, and defuse progress bar. It also has hot-keys that allow you to toggle wifreframes/make walls invisible and hot-keys that allow you to adjust the speed with a touch of a button, without bringing up the DEMOUI.

- Clean it up
    Also, you might want to render the video a little better. It looked distorted and I could see scan lines on it.

Like you said, the second scene (dust2) wasn't movie worthy. Spraying and missing = bad. Keep it professional

- Music
    Good choice of a song, especially the way you synced it with the first kill. I'd like to see more of this.

PM me if you want that movie config.

ur a crackhead dude + those guys had some shitty tactics, but nice work. i agree w/ relly, try taking a higher quality vid if u can, i dont know how that shit works, so maybe its hard, but all in all, nice work
    Shotty h4x FTW!!!

:Rig:
    -(Asus P7P55D)-(Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8ghz)-(4GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1333)-(Saphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5)-(Antec 850w)-

lol a crackhead :confused:

Blog Entries
    wtfbbqhax sigh!!!!

Awesome video!
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Criticism: INTERLACING? WTFX? How do you take a non-interlaced source and make it interlaced?

You don't have to do a 720p video like Relly said. If you can use a lower resolution, and bump the quality up to equal out the same file size. I'd rather have a lower resolution, high-quality video than a high resolution, low-quality video.

I use H.264 for a video codec and AC3 for audio. I use Matroska as the container.

If you have mencoder, mp4box and mkv tools installed, then these are good commands to use for a very high quality video.

Audio:
    mencoder -of rawaudio -oac lavc -lavcopts acodec=ac3:abitrate=384 -ovc frameno -o audio.ac3 c:\video\input\file.avi

Video:
    mencoder -nosound -ovc x264 -x264encopts threads=2:crf=15.0:ssim:me=umh:8x8dct:nofast_pskip :frameref=6:subq=7:mixed_refs:trellis=2:qblur=0:bf rames=16:b_pyramidartitions=all:weight_b:qp_min=0 -vf scale=1280:720,harddup -ofps 30.000 -of rawvideo -o video.264 c:\video\input\file.avi

(You can also substitute crf=15.0 for bitrate=2000 [or whatever you want]).

Muxing it all together:
    mp4box -add video.264 -fps 30.000 video.mp4
    mkvmerge video.mp4 -D audio.ac3 -o "MYNEWGAMEVIDEO.mkv"

You'll now have the highest possible quality video. This will produce video quality that's better than professional movie studios (this still depends on target file size).

Update:
    I'll record a short clip to show off the quality later.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 02-21-2008, 12:44 AM