Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2348 ... LastLast

Thread: StrafeRight Unreal Tournament 3 Server and Free Weekend

I Jinxed myself
    never have had a steam DL problem untill now...

United States [US]
    joe
    a couple of points...the next map is determined by a mapvote after the round is over...right now there are 12 maps in total, 5 with vehicles, 7 without...

also, people are wondering how to activate the titan mutator in-game (what turns you into a juggernaut, then a behemoth)...you have a meter in the lower right hand corner that fills up with each kill you get...once it's full, you'll be prompted to hit a key (default "R") to turn into a juggernaut, it then has to fill again before you can turn into a behemoth, which you'll be until you self-destruct after a certain amount of time...

i cant get anything to happen when i click on the orange text that says 'Play UT3 Black'

it does nothing for me... what am i nubbing up?

ah, looks like there's major problems with this free weekend... you can't even buy the damn game properly now.

steamforums link to bitchfest: Unreal series - Steam Users' Forums

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    ah, looks like there's major problems with this free weekend... you can't even buy the damn game properly now.

steamforums link to bitchfest: Unreal series - Steam Users' Forums
    Yeah I tried to activate it on steam and its failing hardcore. And now I can't even download the trial. I might just do what Rage did and just install it through the DVD, and then tie it to my account later.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Yeah. I bet the servers that hold all the UT3 content are overloaded to hell. Take a 8gb download, the new patch+titan pack, a free weekend, and you have a 50,000+ Steam users trying to download it at once.

They should have paced it maybe. Release the patch + titan pack this weekend, and then do the sale/free weekend next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopefish View Post
    Yeah. I bet the servers that hold all the UT3 content are overloaded to hell. Take a 8gb download, the new patch+titan pack, a free weekend, and you have a 50,000+ Steam users trying to download it at once.

They should have paced it maybe. Release the patch + titan pack this weekend, and then do the sale/free weekend next weekend.
    :yeahthat:

The content must be on Epic's server then, because only one of the servers is over 75% capacity.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

yeaaah, was at 80% this morning, now it goes back and fourth between downloading and "download starting" - and last time it actually was downloading it said I was back at 3% complete. :P I don't think i'll even have it before the end of the weekend :P
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

For those of you who bought it Retail, and want to install it via DVD to avoid long wait times from Steam, but still want it tied to their account... here's a guide.

Complete guide to activate retail UT3 on Steam without downloading 8GB. - Epic Games Forums

This isn't working atm because Steam is messed up, but once Steam is working again it should work fine.
    Desktop
    Laptop

You have to ignore the percent complete, btw.

When my copy was being patched through Steam, it would go between 0% and 15%, and sometimes it would just say "Download starting." However, it was actually downloading the whole time. It just finished eventually while only saying 7% or something. So if yours is just showing some percent or starting over, then just let it go.

I'm sure they'll do another free weekend after this, since hardly anyone is getting to play it this weekend.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2348 ... LastLast