Page 1 of 22 12611 ... LastLast

Thread: The StrafeRight UT3 Server Thread

The StrafeRight UT3 Server Thread

Server Information:

Server Name: StrafeRight.com UT3 Greed + Titan
    IP: 8.9.5.203:7777 or ut3.straferight.com
    Game Mode: Greed
    Mutators: Titan
    Maps: capture-the-flag (CTF) and vehicle-capture-the-flag (VCTF)

Server Admins:

joe (plageclochard), Dopefish (doomfish), DNvCross (dnvcross), TaxiDriver (Taxi-Driver64)

StrafeRight UT3 Threads:

http://www.straferight.com/forums/un...re-thread.html
    http://www.straferight.com/forums/un...nds-names.html

About the Greed Gametype:

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Games
    Greed is a fast-paced team gametype played on CTF and VCTF maps. When a player dies, he drops a skull representing his
    life force, along with any other skulls he is carrying.

Silver skulls are worth 1 point, Gold skulls are worth 5 points, and Red skulls are worth 20 points.

You have to deliver skulls to the enemy base to score them.

As the clock winds down, you can expect to see players fighting over huge hoards of skulls. Each side will desperately
    try to stop the other team from scoring skulls while at the same time fighting to survive all the way to the enemy base
    with their own stockpile. Because of that, no lead is insurmountable, and there is always hope for a last second comeback.

About the Titan Mutator: (see Titan (Liandri Archives) for more)

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Unreal
    When the mutator is enabled, players score "hero points" for kills and actions related to objectives of the specific gametype, like capturing nodes and returning flags. A small HUD widget keeps track of the current hero score. When enough points were collected the widget flashes and the player can press the displayed key (by default R) to transform into a Titan.

Titans are huge, twice as large as regular players, and initially have 400 points of health and the same amount of shield. Titans have only two weapons, a Shock Rifle and a Rocket Launcher, but those are powered-up with infinite UDamage and Berserk and the Rocket Launcher locks in targets almost instantly. Additionally, a Titan can perform a close-range radius attack by pressing the Use key (by default E or Enter), which does massive damage to nearby enemies and has a shockwave effect similar to the Darkwalker's secondary blast fire mode. This shockwave has a greater radius than the melee damage itself and can knock enemies off their feet and out of certain vehicles. Like with the Darkwalker blast, Scavengers are forced into ball mode when hit by a Titan melee blast.

All this power comes with a price: Titans are slower than regular players and their size may restrict them from certain areas of the map. The main disadvantage, however, is that Titans can no longer touch-interact with game objectives, use jump pads or anything that requires the Use key, e.g. entering vehicles or using Warfare teleporters. Transforming into a Titan is irreversible, the only way to become regular again is to die. If you die as a Titan, you go out with a bang, though.

Titans continue to score "hero points" and when their "hero meter" is full, the player can press the transformation key again to turn into a Behemoth. Becoming a Behemoth doubles the player size again and further reduces the movement speed in exchange for 800 points of health and shield. This additional boost has a very important drawback, a limited lifetime. Behemoths only survive 45 seconds. After that, the player blows up automatically.

Video Tutorials:

Essential Links:

TweakGuides.com - Unreal Tournament 3 Tweak Guide
    Unreal Tournament 3 - Epic Games Forums
    Unreal Tournament 3 - Liandri Archives
    BeyondUnreal - Covering Unreal Tournament 2004, Unreal Tournament 3 & Gears of War
    Last edited by Teck; 11-10-2009 at 03:17 PM.

I'm going in!!

I'll be playing this evening for sure.

Damn this is pretty fun... giving it one more day but it looks like a keeper

I vote Facing Worlds off the rotation.

It's a good map for Greed or CTF, but definitely not when combined with Titans.

To keep things fresh, maybe we should discuss having different kinds of maps, like Team Deathmatch, Capture The Flag, etc?
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

There's also lots of custom maps out there, too.

You won't get achievements and the server won't be ranked if you use custom maps on the server, but no one really cares. I don't think most people even know about the ranks in the game.

Germany [DE]
    UI
    Thank God nobody has noticed the ranks...and I was actually installing the free weekend shit when my lappy died

/statsme

Quote Originally Posted by useful_idiot View Post
    Thank God nobody has noticed the ranks...and I was actually installing the free weekend shit when my lappy died

/statsme
    statwhores and achievement hounds ruin games. The best thing we ever did in CS:S was eliminating the listing of points won and lost after each death.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Germany [DE]
    UI
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    statwhores and achievement hounds ruin games.
    derp derp! that's exactly what I was sayin'.

Page 1 of 22 12611 ... LastLast