Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: E3 '09 Kaos Studios Homefront unveiled

E3 '09 Kaos Studios Homefront unveiled

Kaos Studios has unveiled their newest title Homefront at E3 2009. You may or may not remember Kaos Studios from their previous title Frontlines Fuel of War. Frontlines was a very ambitious first commercial project that due some fundamental features missing didn't gain a lot of traction in the tough fps multi-player arena. It did however show that Kaos has the potential to create a really good game if they can learn from their mistakes.

Homefront follows the American Civilian Resistance and their fight to reclaim America from North Korean occupation. Nuclear North Korea after overtaking South Korea has set their sites on the United States. You can't help but get a red dawn feeling when thinking about Homefront even if the occupier is slightly different.

In the trailer they credit John Milius who wrote among others Red Dawn and Apocalypse Now. Interestingly Imdb.com Shows John Milius as the Writer on in on a second Red Dawn that's in preproduction and due out in 2010. This makes me wonder if there is any connection in-between this new movie and the game Homefront.

They have announced a story driven single player campaign along with a yet to be reveled mutiplayer game mode.

Homefront is expected to be realeased for the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Windows PC.

-KDog

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E3 '09 Kaos Studios Homefront unveiled-e3_2009_kaos_studios_homefront_4.jpg   E3 '09 Kaos Studios Homefront unveiled-e3_2009_kaos_studios_homefront_5.jpg   E3 '09 Kaos Studios Homefront unveiled-e3_2009_kaos_studios_homefront_6.jpg   E3 '09 Kaos Studios Homefront unveiled-e3_2009_kaos_studios_homefront_7.jpg  
    Last edited by K_Dog; 06-05-2009 at 08:26 AM.

Platanos con salami... DominiKing's Avatar
    I like how they put the Crusher in it
    "Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum!" [SIZE=1]-Admiral Firmus Piett

Well technically Apocalypse Now is Conrad's Heart of Darkness. But it is cool to see screenwriters getting in on the video game thing.

Is it just me or are there a lot of developers trying to satisfy the BF2 crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Well technically Apocalypse Now is Conrad's Heart of Darkness. But it is cool to see screenwriters getting in on the video game thing.
    Good Catch, They (the game devs) are really pushing to get an epic movie style experience into video gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Is it just me or are there a lot of developers trying to satisfy the BF2 crowd?
    Yes, it does seem that way. The Battlefield 2 players are a tough nut to crack though

So true about BF2 players being hard to satisfy. You can take ten gamers... 3 of them will love CoD, 7 will hate it. 3 of them will love BF2142, 7 will hate it. But without a doubt, 9 out of the 10 will love BF2. its weird

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    i think I pooped my pants when you said "second Red Dawn". Why has nobody made this game yet?

anyway, will definitely check it out.

Re: E3 '09 Kaos Studios Homefront unveiled

Well it's been a year now and E3 2010 brings us much more info. The trailer below is pretty kick ass. The trailer could easily be for a Hollywood movie I have to guess that has a lot to do with having a movie screenwriter on-board.

The storyline is a bit of a strange coincidence considering recent world events.

As for how North Korea will transform itself into a superpower, Homefront's future timeline will begin with the death of current leader Kim Jong Il, with the reins of power being handed over to his Western-educated son. The younger Kim paints himself as a reformer and within a few years manages to unify the two Koreas. Buoyed by a growing nationalistic streak, the unified Korea looks beyond its borders to expand, taking over Japan and annexing several Southeast Asian countries over the next decade. By 2021, the former North Korea has grown into a formidable nation, with a massive economy, army, and technological advantage gained from its conquest of neighbouring Asian nations.

As for the US, in Homefront's future setting things become quite bleak for the land of the free. Continuing economic misfortune and high unemployment--coupled with a serious energy crisis pushing the cost of oil upwards--has left the once great nation teetering on collapse. The poor economy leads to continual downgrades of the nation's military capabilities, cutting the size of the armed forces and severely affecting the quality of weaponry available to soldiers. To make things worse, a serious flu epidemic strikes the States in 2021, killing millions.
    read the complete preview here
    E3 2010: Homefront Updated Impressions - Preview

YouTube - Homefront: E3 2010: Backstory Trailer High Definition

lol @ the only good communist is a dead one dude.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

wow beautifuL! this got me really excited (for me to poop on.)

Multiplayer trailer released today.
    They are claiming all the footage is real (not prerendered) from multiplayer. With the choppers and Tanks it does appear these guys have gone back to their Battlefield roots. I'm wondering now if Kaos can out Battlefield DICE? Who knows until we play it but I'm getting a little bit excited after watching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast