Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: L4D2: The Spitter and More Uncommon Common

United States [US]
    joe

L4D2: The Spitter and More Uncommon Common

Here's more news about the upcoming Left 4 Dead 2 as other gaming outlets report back concerning their hands-on experiences. From GameSpy we learn of another new special infected, the "Spitter". The hands-on also describes the Swamp campaign, as well as detailing two new items, an ammo pack and adrenaline shot, which can be swapped out in place of a health pack or pills.

Quote Originally Posted by GameSpy
    The Spitter -- whose graphic was still being worked on when I played -- can lob a ranged attack into a group of survivors, creating an area where survivors take damage so long as they are within it. No, the Spitter's shot won't do a ton of damage all at once, but it can hurt you badly after a few seconds spent in its area of effect, and can easily make a team panic and split up when it hits in the middle of a fight. Imagine you're in a room with your team and a Spitter lobs the shot through the window, forcing your team to abandon the position.
    Source: GameSpy: Left 4 Dead 2 Exclusive Preview - Page 1

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gamespy
    . In Swamp the level-specific zombies are mud men: zombies who run on all fours incredibly quickly, making them hard to detect, and especially so when they're in a couple feet of water.
    yikes

Quote Originally Posted by gamespy
    The Parish campaign also featured a level-specific zombie in the form of biohazard suit infected, whose invulnerability to fire created some tough situations when we were relying on molotovs to provide safety.
    DOH!

stupid game sounds fun as hell

the Smoker, when killed, should have also provided damage while survivors were around, not just coughing.

//and yes, Spitter sounds like an ex-girlfriend I had, but she caused more damage than this one

i like the sound of this!
    turkey sandwiches

Germany [DE]
    UI
    sounds fucking cool...can't wait to build my pc..

SWEET! I'm quite pumped for this, anyone know when the preorder with be available??

Gamer
    -
    PhenomX3 720BE @3.5ghz, 4gb XMS2, Biostar785GE, HIS HD5830, 1TB Samsung F3 7200rpm sata2, 630watt PSU

large it comes out next month, dont think yah need to preorder if its on steam yah?
    turkey sandwiches

Wow I may actually consider getting this now.

Dispenser? I hardly know her! TheShelks's Avatar
    I still don't know if i want this, the only real reason i got L4D is because of the 50% off

United States [US]
    joe
    the game itself is still a long ways off (November), and I see no incentive to pre-order before the demo comes out...yes, if you pre-order you get early access to the demo, but with L4D that was just a glorifed beta test, I'm not interested in paying for that again...with the timing of L4D2 (a week after Modern Warfare 2 and a week before Thanksgiving), it'll be hard to convince me not to wait until a weekend deal, or perhaps a New Years Day sale...

that being said, what I've seen of the game looks good, if not repetitive...and it further drives home the point that L4D still needs a lot of work...

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    the game itself is still a long ways off (November), and I see no incentive to pre-order before the demo comes out...yes, if you pre-order you get early access to the demo, but with L4D that was just a glorifed beta test, I'm not interested in paying for that again...with the timing of L4D2 (a week after Modern Warfare 2 and a week before Thanksgiving), it'll be hard to convince me not to wait until a weekend deal, or perhaps a New Years Day sale...

that being said, what I've seen of the game looks good, if not repetitive...and it further drives home the point that L4D still needs a lot of work...
    :yeahthat: ill take cod42 anyday
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast