Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Section 8 Beta Now Open To All

United States [US]
    joe
    the gamespy thing isn't a dealbreaker at this point...I hope it's only needed for the beta, and not required for the full retail version of the game...anyway, fileplanet and gamespy are tied together, so once you grab the beta, use the same login over at gamespy and setup your nickname...then use that nickname and your gamespy password in-game...

as for the game itself, it's interesting, and a bit overwhelming at first...trip and I played together and it took awhile for either of us to figure out what the hell was going on...complicated isn't the right word, unclear probably is though...then again we did just jump right into multi-player, and I think this is a game that the player will benefit greatly from either single-player (which it will have) and tutorials...

as for how the game plays, it uses Unreal Engine 3, so the mechanics will be very familiar to everyone at this point...in terms of style and type, the game it's probably most similar to is Enemy Territory Quake Wars, but don't let your feelings about that game (ET:QW) influence this one, as it pulls from lot of games...one of the things people here will probably like the most is a return of the squad system...

I'm keeping in mind this is a beta, so I'm not paying too much attention to weapon balance at this point...but what does need a bit of an overhaul in my opinion is the general user interface...while it's a simple red vs blue game, it gets really hard trying to tell members of your own team and squad apart (hey, trip's that light blue guy compared to every other blue person)...also, the way the HUD works, as well as instructions on objectives isn't the clearest...these are initial barriers to enjoying the game, so I hope that they get tweaked, or players spend enough time with the game to get familiar with how it works...

anyway, I think it's good, and pretty fun...trip and I differ a bit on our opinion, so hopefully he'll post his feelings as well...I'm not saying it doesn't need work and tweaking, but I can see a good game amidst everything...and I'm not mentioning the things that are really good about the game, such as the spawn system...

United States [US]
    joe
    one more thing about gamespy, this was also the system used for BF2 (and one of my main problems with BF2), so your email/password/nickname from BF2 should work on gamespy's site...

since I have about 5 different gamespy accounts, some of which I can remember and some which I can't, I've done a good job of butchering my nickname, for now in Section 8 I'm using "sReckoner", there's a friends list in-game, but I haven't gotten around to using it...

good stuff Joe... thanks.

it's a beta, we should expect some unbalanced stuff like you said. i'm very hopeful of this one.

ITS FREE!!!! If u think it sucks just uninstall
    Shotty h4x FTW!!!

:Rig:
    -(Asus P7P55D)-(Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8ghz)-(4GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1333)-(Saphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5)-(Antec 850w)-

***ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED***
    Section 8 beta key acquired
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

hax!

in line to download... 23 minutes. Not bad I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    in line to download... 23 minutes. Not bad I guess
    its actually allot of fun. Once you figure out how to do things.

I need muh internetz back
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

This is cool

SPECIAL EVENT: Play with the Devs Tonight at 8:00PM CST!
    TimeGate is pleased to announced that we will be having a special event tonight which will allow beta testers to test their skills against the development staff of Section 8.

To participate, simply log in tonight around 8:00PM and look for one of our Dev playtest servers listed in the server browser.

We look forward to seeing all of you there tonight. Best of luck to everyone!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast