Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Valve To Nerf Team-Fortress 2 Idle Cheaters

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    They hosed up this game real good now, uhhmm

Would you like a jelly baby? MajorMalfunction's Avatar
    I never played the game heavily, but I'm sure I'll fire it up again some day.

As far as this drama is concerned, so other people cheated better than you and didn't get caught... too bad, cut your losses, move on.

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by panic! View Post
    That guy completely missed the arguments of all the legitimate arguments. He needs to stick to making completely unfunny web comics instead of writing about a situation he has no idea of.

Did you read this thread? Valve: On Idling and Punishment - Steam Users' Forums

My problem isn't that they took away hats items, or gave people hats that did not idle. I don't care about that. What I do care about is how they are discriminating everyone who used this idle program, and not the people who used idle servers.
    Okay, so I read this thread (finally) and he eventually equates using the idler program to Ventrilo. Its not really the same, one allows you to talk out of game (or actually be able to talk since most of the time TF2 in-game voice is fail)... and the other fakes the running of a game to get items (il)legitimately depending on who you ask.

I still don't see why everyone is up in arms about this, there freaking hats!!! They have no statistical effect on the game, no point boost for wearing them... heck you can't even see them on your head.

EDIT: Looking through that forum... looks like the TF2 group is now worse than CSS.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

United States [US]
    joe
    sigh...Sonic, you don't see the point because it isn't about hats, or weapons, or third party programs, or any of that...it's about pitting one part of your playerbase against another, and doing so in an unfair and somewhat hypocritical (maybe nonsensical would be the better term) manner...

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    sigh...Sonic, you don't see the point because it isn't about hats, or weapons, or third party programs, or any of that...it's about pitting one part of your playerbase against another, and doing so in an unfair and somewhat hypocritical (maybe nonsensical would be the better term) manner...
    After reading some more I do see what your saying. But if that part of the playerbase is soooo worked up about freaking hats that they have to cheat the system to get them, then whats the point of playing the game?
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Colombia [CO]
    Tao
    panic has mentioned that valve is 'discriminating' against those that were determined to have used these idle programs.

what exactly does that mean? are said players painted with a scarlet "C" in-game?

It's not an MMO. it's silly for valve to think they have to police us like this.

Discriminating as in, we'll accuse you of cheating for using a program, and not the idlers sitting in an idle server.

Blog Entries
    Quit whining and play the damn game.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

I'm at work and on my iPod.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast