Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer

United States [US]
    joe

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Trailer

While I know many of you here took an interest in ARMA II and America's Army 3, the realistic military sim that's most caught my eye is Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising. Developed by Codemasters (and using the same engine as the Dirt series and Grid), the game looks very impressive in the above trailer, and if I were to ever get involved in a complex tactical shooter this would probably be it.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising Video Game, Competitive Multiplayer Trailer | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com
    Last edited by joe; 09-18-2009 at 09:25 AM.

For me this is a release day buy. Plus it's 40.00 or less at gamestop and newegg.
    Check out this Dev video.
    Last edited by K_Dog; 09-18-2009 at 09:36 AM.

this look promising gonna have to test it out
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

This looks more fun than COD. Gonna have to check it out myself.

NA Release day is Oct. 6 btw.

Single player
    4 player co-op
    32 player multi. (pc)
    4v4 with 24 AI helpers(console)

They have done some interesting new stuff like an Infiltration game mode (PC )that puts 22 v 10 The 10 get better weapons and equipment to keep it balanced. e claim it would take hours to walk accross it.

Germany [DE]
    UI
    saw this on xplay last week, super realism looks awesome.....

I'm so picking this up on the pc
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

United States [US]
    joe
    interesting, I would have thought it'd be more than 32 players for the PC...more like 48 or 64...

Blog Entries
    Yeah this game looks so awesome. I love the first one!! A lot of realism yet still fun as hell.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

Some more infos

Destructoid preview
    Destructoid - Preview: Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

178 official screen shots
    Operation Flashpoint™: Dragon Rising - a set on Flickr

Translated highlight from Power Unlimited

Thankfully I kept going, even though it was against my instincts. Because that you have to keep alert and can die at anytime, it makes this game way more realistic than those wargames which will let you walk away after being hit. Forget Modern Warfare, that is Hollywood-war. Dragon Rising lets you feel how it is like to operate in a combat situation. The fear of war is constant with you, it takes your breath, I can guarentee you that. The action feels real close all the time, even when there is nothing happening. I felt desolate, and I enjoyed it.

The total panic when a helicopter opens fire on you, the complete feeling of having no change when attacking to soon or to late and getting surrounded. Its gnarly but its how it works.

Puzzle

Dragon Rising made me throw away my Modern Warfare skills and play with my teammates and as real soldiers. Because a squadmember in Dragon Rising is of great value, so you protect them, and they protect you.

Every mission is a tactical puzzle with multiple solutions, which you slowly try to figure out, most of the time by doing nothing else but recon the area. But when the action breaks out and your plan turns out to work, the feeling of victory and euphoria is undescribable. Its why you play the game.
    I'm not saying that I wont like Modern Warfare 2 anymore, but Dragon Rising really moved me. You have to bite trough, and then you will have a digital memory which will stay with you forever.
    Power Unlimited - alles over consoles en games voor de PC, Xbox360, PS3, DSi, Wii

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast