Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Infamy Trailer

United States [US]
    joe

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Infamy Trailer

First things first, watch the above trailer in HD.

Alright, in case you missed it, here's the latest official trailer for the upcoming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 video game from Infinity Ward. It seems that raining death and destruction upon United States cities is still somewhat of a taboo subject in certain areas, as evidenced by the two articles below. Personally I think the entire Western Hemisphere is vastly underutilized as a setting for games, and I'd much rather see future games in familiar settings (New York, Washington, San Francisco, etc) or nearby exotic locales (Cuba, Panama, Venezuela, Brazil, etc) as compared to the standard trifecta of Europe, Africa and Asia.

Also, overall the trailer looks great, watch it again (in HD) already!

Links:

The Escapist : News : Modern Warfare 2 Trailer Criticized For "Going Too Far"

‘Modern Warfare’ trailer: Does Washington burning go too far? | csmonitor.com

Germany [DE]
    UI
    ughhhhhhh this game is taking so looooong

She has her G-string tuned to A Gargs's Avatar
    So maybe being able to blow up DC is a bit over the top...ermm.. wait a sec... /me reads FAQ... Nothing here says you blow up DC. Hmm.

Well, was Independence Day over the top for blowing up DC or Die Harder over the top for causing chaos in DC? Ohh wait... those movies depicted fictional events that never happened.... ummm... but...

The authors site games where DC is in ruins in the future and say it's OK since the future hasn't happened yet... but... erm... well neither has MW2's events ever happened.

So, playing a game that depicts the hero trying to stop a terrorist plot that ultimately succeeds is bad form but watching a hero do the same is fine? I fail to see what perspective they are coming from, other than "make an absurd statement and people will read."

Main station: Intel i7-920 2.66GHz@3.2GHz, 12GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Barracuda 3x1TGB, Antec 750W PSU, 2x eVGA 460-GTX 1GB SLI, Thermaltake V1-AX, Cooler Master CM Storm

Peripherals: 2x Samsung 25" WS LED, Cooler Master Sirus Headset, Logitech G110, Saitek X52 Hotas, Saitek Pro Rudders, 2x Thrustmaster F16 MFD, Track IR3, Nostromo n52, Logitech G700, Wacom Intuos3 Tablet (6x8)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gargs View Post
    So maybe being able to blow up DC is a bit over the top...ermm.. wait a sec... /me reads FAQ... Nothing here says you blow up DC. Hmm.

Well, was Independence Day over the top for blowing up DC or Die Harder over the top for causing chaos in DC? Ohh wait... those movies depicted fictional events that never happened.... ummm... but...

The authors site games where DC is in ruins in the future and say it's OK since the future hasn't happened yet... but... erm... well neither has MW2's events ever happened.

So, playing a game that depicts the hero trying to stop a terrorist plot that ultimately succeeds is bad form but watching a hero do the same is fine? I fail to see what perspective they are coming from, other than "make an absurd statement and people will read."
    Word Gargs... :yeahthat:

The hidden accusation in this thing pisses me off though... That we're a callous nation ignorant to the suffering of others in the world, particularly in places we're fighting...
    I know many of those soulless freaks in our government are; but it's unfair to lump all the good noble people from the rest of America in with them...

Writer: Ugh, this post is heavy! Someone get me a wooden beam!
    Moderator: That post better be up to code or Heads WILL Roll :furious:
    Writer: It's set! See? :thumbup:
    [Crash]
    Moderator: ... [Ban]

well all i have to say is one day the shit will hit the fan and it will look like that, eventough im in a worse position in europe, and i got the letter from the army saying if there is war i will be picked up by police and sent to front line which sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

people need to take the rods out of their asses.

It's a game, gtfover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    damn, that's big!

Great trailer!

Meh on the controversy not much there really.

I'ma shoot up the fucking White House?

This game wins on so many levels.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewtino View Post
    I'ma shoot up the fucking White House?

This game wins on so many levels.
    ---
    *knock knock knock*

Mr Jewtino?

*knock knock*

Mr Jewtino, this is Agent Johnston with the FBI... We'd like to have a word with you.

---

:rofl:
    Hey Jewtino...

Writer: Ugh, this post is heavy! Someone get me a wooden beam!
    Moderator: That post better be up to code or Heads WILL Roll :furious:
    Writer: It's set! See? :thumbup:
    [Crash]
    Moderator: ... [Ban]

Dispenser? I hardly know her! TheShelks's Avatar
    that was a pretty sweet video; i can't wait for Christmas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast