Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Playable Modern Warfare 2 ISO Leaked To BitTorrent Sites

Playable Modern Warfare 2 ISO Leaked To BitTorrent Sites

A few news sites are reporting that Infinity Ward's utter failure of a PC/Console title (according to you) called Modern Warfare 2 has hit the file sharing sites in the form of a playable XBox ISO file.

Leaked copies of Activision's highly-anticipated Modern Warfare 2 are already in the hands of pirates, who have ripped the game and are ready to upload it to the internet, according to claims.

The game's not out until November 10, but discs are already said to be in the hands of gamers. Be warned, playing leaked or pirated versions of Modern Warfare 2 is likely to get you banned from Xbox Live for the rest of your potentially miserable, online-game-less life.
    After doing some checking around, there are numerous trackers up that are clearly Modern Warfare 2. While we don't condone such illegal activities as stealing software, our sense of journalistic integrity deems that we provide you with proof:

Link - CVG

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    interesting. i don't care for it, but I think Junior is dying for it on xbox, so we'll see.

Germany [DE]
    UI
    eh

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar
    I've always been puzzled how every single movie, video game, music cd is always leaked to the internet. Can't they figure out which segment of the development process is consistently pirating?

Coffee will cave to junior.

I'm just glad it's not the evil pc gamers this time.

Quote Originally Posted by dcikra View Post
    I've always been puzzled how every single movie, video game, music cd is always leaked to the internet. Can't they figure out which segment of the development process is consistently pirating?

Coffee will cave to junior.
    Well, in this case, its only about a week before release. So surely there are copies already being sent out to manufacturers. I know a group of friends who got Halo 3 about a week before release bc they knew ppl at BB. They had beaten the game on Legendary 4player coop before its release...haha

and they did it all on xbox live
    Gaming PC (i5, 8GB, GTX 1060) | PS4 | Switch

downloading now........

Edit: PHYSC ! !
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

Quote Originally Posted by budafied View Post
    Well, in this case, its only about a week before release. So surely there are copies already being sent out to manufacturers. I know a group of friends who got Halo 3 about a week before release bc they knew ppl at BB. They had beaten the game on Legendary 4player coop before its release...haha

and they did it all on xbox live
    That part is obvious, I'm talking about when the game/movie/whatever is way before that process.

Blog Entries
    Why pay for a game that has a bad multi player setup... Im sure many people would rather pirate it.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Activision was ready to provide Infinity Ward with massive funds for Modern Warfare 2
    The studio behind this year’s biggest game was offered a “ridiculous” development budget from the world’s biggest publisher; a budget big enough for the team to politely decline.

In the first half of an extensive interview with Develop, Infinity Ward community manager Robert Bowling revealed the extent in which Activision was willing to go to ensure Modern Warfare 2 hits its marks.

“Early on – when we decided to make a sequel – Activision estimated out a ridiculous budget. And we were like: ‘No, we don’t need that’,” he said.
    Though Bowling didn’t go into numbers, his description of the handsome budget is a telling sign of how important the franchise is to Activision. He added, however, that Infinity Ward was typically “pretty tight” with its development budgets.

Bowling was philosophical on the value of high budgets, discussing how they can even impede on the development process:

“Much like we don’t let ourselves get distracted by hype, if you have excess you feel like you should use excess,” he said.

“So we said ‘let us design a game the way we’d always design a game. And let us focus on that.’ So we didn’t let the budget affect our mentality. We would only put stuff in the game that is right for the game, and not because we can.”

Elsewhere in the interview, Bowling discusses how extraordinarily high expectations affect the development process, admitting to the pressures placed on the studio with Modern Warfare 2.

But Bowling added: “very early on we decided to shelter ourselves from being distracted by the hype. We are focussing on making a game that we can be proud of and our fans will like. We approached it like we would any other game.”
    Source: IW snubbed ‘ridiculous’ MW2 budget | Games Industry | MCV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast