Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game Pirates Beware

StrafeRight Member

Game Pirates Beware

"The posting last Thursday on Craigslist was alarming. Someone was selling a Modern Warfare 2 Xbox 360 bundle, with both a console and a game, for $500. The problem was that Modern Warfare 2, one of the most anticipated games of the year, doesn’t officially go on sale until Nov. 10.

Activision Blizzard, the game’s publisher, called in IPCybercrime.com, a Dallas private investigation firm that specializes in online investigations. The investigators tracked down the seller and stumbled into a scheme to pirate the game and sell a bunch of fake copies over the Internet. While the bust led to the arrest of just one hacker among many, it sheds light on the shadowy underground of the business of illegal piracy. It also offers a peak at how investigators try to head off a major piracy disaster before it happens."

i didnt really think that anyone out there took piracy that serious but im wrong.....

LINK:How investigators tracked down a Modern Warfare 2 cyber pirate | VentureBeat
    Last edited by straferightpot; 11-06-2009 at 10:40 PM.

Germany [DE]
    UI
    yep. saw this on kotaku, apparently developers arent worried about money so they're going after individuals now. rather than fixing the thing about their game that pisses people off enough to steal it, they'd rather ignore that and put 'em in jail.

StrafeRight Member
    its sad man, yeah what he did was wrong but hell hes only 18. im gana try and keep a follow up on it to see what his charges are if any.

i played the game single player wasnt as good as i hoped, but it was easy to get
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

i didnt really think that anyone out there took piracy that serious but im wrong.....
    Not trying to sound preachy but welcome to real life. The developers making these games expect to be paid for their work...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale.Rider View Post
    Not trying to sound preachy but welcome to real life. The developers making these games expect to be paid for their work...
    They may be working but not listening to your audience is just asking for people to screw you.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

The law is the law

Being "only" 18 is an excuse? I guess they're not responsible. Better not let them drive or vote or have credit cards or anything.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

StrafeRight Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Being "only" 18 is an excuse? I guess they're not responsible. Better not let them drive or vote or have credit cards or anything.
    no im not saying that as an excuse im just saying to fuc% up your life at such a young age, i mean what was he thinking? for one he was selling illegal fake copies of the game not even the real thing. even if he got the games out someone would of reported his ass

She has her G-string tuned to A Gargs's Avatar
    I chalk this up as more proof that the "typical" console gamer is less intelligent than the "typical" PC gamer.

Main station: Intel i7-920 2.66GHz@3.2GHz, 12GB Corsair Vengence DDR3, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Barracuda 3x1TGB, Antec 750W PSU, 2x eVGA 460-GTX 1GB SLI, Thermaltake V1-AX, Cooler Master CM Storm

Peripherals: 2x Samsung 25" WS LED, Cooler Master Sirus Headset, Logitech G110, Saitek X52 Hotas, Saitek Pro Rudders, 2x Thrustmaster F16 MFD, Track IR3, Nostromo n52, Logitech G700, Wacom Intuos3 Tablet (6x8)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast