Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Left4Dead 2 Versus: What Do You Like & Dislike?

Left4Dead 2 Versus: What Do You Like & Dislike?

Now that we've all had a fair amount of time with Left4Dead 2 in versus mode, let's compile a list of likes and dislikes of the game. There are sure to be some things that we don't like compared to the first iteration of the series. And likewise, there are bound to be some things that are absolutely awesome in the second telling of Valve's zombie survival game.

I've heard people complaining about the apparent nerfing of the Boomer's barf range, as well as some whining about how there's very few high places to get to with a Hunter for those 25 point pounces. But I've got to say the new infected are absolutely key in making just about all of the issues with Left4Dead 1 go away like the Spitter being able to own campers and the Charger able to carry someone away from the grouping quickly while doing some major damage in the process. Oh, and is there anything sweeter than a two minute Jockey ride on Taxi? I think not.

Let's hear your thoughts!

well the boomer got nerfed, and the infected or away overpowered, boomer bile and then spitter= allot of damage since the horde will keep them pu in one spot.
    the maps are way to long to survive without some very good friends in expert. and some few other minor stuff like the hard rain campaing having like 10 witches in one map was bs
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

Colombia [CO]
    Tao
    i think it's key to note that increasing the depth and breadth of the infected arsenal had the effect of making the survivor side of the coin much more enjoyable to me

with the advent of the area deniability of the spitter in addition to the crowd control talents of the charger, jockey, and smoker all stacked on the souped up common infected hordes i've found myself much more aware of my environment and my teammates as we battle through. with the anxiety this creates, if valve had taken these gameplay mechanics from the day-lit dirrty south and put them in the original settings from l4d we would have had an epic franchise right out of the gate.

versus mode in this title truly requires tight teamplay on both sides to achieve victory

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    Boomers need to be right next to survivors to get them.
    Smokers range seems a lot shorter.
    Hunters have very few spots for 25 dmg, and the tail when jumping is kind of dumb.
    Jockey is useless by himself or when all the survivors are next to each other.
    Spitter dominates if you know how to play her.
    Charger is great. So much fun running people of ledges or hitting all 4 survivors while they are stuck in an elevator.
    Tank sucks if there are no cars around and you don't have 4 SI spawned.

Scoring is still bad, instead of health bonus being the only thing that matters, now it's distance. They need to combine the two. Played earlier and the other team limped into the saferoom, we were all green with health kits, yet scores are tied. It goes to the tiebreaker which is infected dmg and we did 10x more dmg to them, yet we are only up by 25 points.

The crescendos can be brutal.
    DCent2 is great if you can trap some survivors in the supermarket.
    DCent3 pulling/charging survivors to the first floor, 25 dmg pounces.

DCarn2 trapping survivors in merry-go-round
    DCarn3 roller coaster + smoker + charger + spitter = win
    DCarn4 spitters boomers and chargers make it almost impossible to make it the last 100 ft to the saferoom

SF2 Airplane you have to run it, spitters and boomers will destroy you inside, outside you will get pounced, pulled, or charged.
    SF3 Just remember to stand on the bridge as it's going down

HR2/3 Elevator area has so many ways to make survivors fall off ledges. Not to mention all the witches that are around the rest of the maps.

TP2 Again spitters/boomers/chargers are win.
    TP3 Exploding boomers/smoker pulls/chargers are great for setting off cars.If you get a tank there you are dead.
    TP4 Almost like a L4D crescendo, but the spitter makes it so much harder.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

lols this is why its overpowered YouTube - l4d.avi
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

I forget who said it now (deegz?) but someone told me that "L4D2 is the way L4D should have been." I was dubious, but now that I've played it for a few hours I agree. IMHO there's enough changes to warrant this being a separate branch (game) and not DLC, so I'm not all up in arms over that.

That being said the only annoying thing I've noticed so far are too many hard edges. As both survivor and SI, I've gotten hung up on all kinds of shit. There's too much clutter hanging around

Germany [DE]
    UI
    Yeah, random invisible walls/hard edges, and getting stuck when charged are the most irritating things about this game.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    it's pretty fun, there are always little things, but overall it's more fun to have various types of infected to put together as a team.

does anyone feel the spitter goo is too powerful? it almost seems like it's a bit much at times.

Colombia [CO]
    Tao
    my understanding is that the spitter goo ramps up damage over time

the longer you're in it the worse it feels, kinda like marriage

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast