Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1237 ... LastLast

Thread: Team-Fortress 2 War Has Begun!

Wow they went from being best friendsTeam Fortress 2 - The Administrator to this haha...I choose Demoman ! !
    Last edited by No-Fear; 12-11-2009 at 11:29 AM.
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

Colombia [CO]
    Tao
    all soldier, baby!

let's get this out of the way right now...

F*** YOU TAXI

Germany [DE]
    UI
    he's gonna have a hard time with Demo this week...that's my favorite class, and he gets dominated by the damn soldiers, especially in long range/wide open maps. Sure, it's nice to plant stickies and run, but all fucking soldiers do is spam rockets at your feet making it impossible to shoot and run.

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    Team Fortress 2 - WAR!
    A day later, the war rages on—the kill tally is, quite literally, in the millions, and the forums are alive with the sounds of people having good, friendly fun while hurling bitter, teary-eyed recrimination at one another.

You'll be happy to know the Demo/Soldier War has even taken hold inside the Valve offices. Sides have been drawn. Normally cheerful co-workers point fingers and whisper angry things about other co-workers' mothers. It's dark, folks. The police have been called eight times today. Granted, times two, three and seven were was because TF2 team member Drew Wolfe kept getting an M&M stuck up his nose, but I think you take my point: this thing's starting to get interesting.

So what better move on our part than to add fuel to the fire? Check out our new Propaganda Contest, which has prizes like a one-of-a-kind exclusive in-game item for use by you and you only, NAMED after you and you only, and bearing your name (and your name only) on it.

Keep fighting the good fight, Sollys and Demos. Here are a couple sprays for you to support your cause: Demo or Soldier.

We’re just over 24 hours into the war, and let us tell you, we are surprised and delighted by the number of Soldiers and Demomen brutally slaughtered so far—the life mercilessly choked from their bodies by your bare hands, much like the air mercilessly squeezed from the inflatable mattress you flattened out after your relatives stayed over for the holidays.

You’d think this would sate our bloodlust. Our on-site developmental psychologist certainly did when he suggested this event. But all we can think of when we look at those big beautiful numbers (2,985,323) is MORE.

Luckily, you can help. Contribute to the war effort by designing a propaganda poster focused on the brave/cold-hearted Soldier/Demomen and his heroic/cowardly fight against the square-jawed/craven Soldier/Demoman—thus inspiring new casualties and feeding our all-consuming thirst for war.

DID WE MENTION PRIZES?

We should have! Because that is what you’ll get if you win.

FIRST PRIZE is a one-of-a-kind item—the most prestigious and unique item ever to grace the game of Team Fortress. Not only will it be awarded to you and you only, we will name it after you and even ENGRAVE YOUR NAME on it, so even if someone manages to steal it, you’re still the boss! (Don’t forget to submit the following as part of your entry: "If I win, my prize shall be irrevocably be named YOUR NAME'S COOL ITEM, and I am fine with that.”)

SECOND AND THIRD PRIZES won’t be nearly as cool as the first prize, but will ALSO be one-of-a-kind items (just not as good). That’s how prizes work. Look it up sometime.

As if that weren’t enough, 25 RUNNERS-UP will get the MANN CO PRIZE PACKAGE, which isn’t one-of-a-kind but is nonetheless free. That’s 25 more free things than we got today. Food for thought.

But wait! Against all the rules of contest creation, there is STILL MORE! Because even if you don’t win ANY of the prizes listed above, Gabe Newell might take a liking to your poster and AWARD SOME POINTS to the side of your choice in the Soldier/Demo War. Is this fair? No! Does Gabe care? Not even slightly!

Winners will be announced Wednesday and gallery of entries shown then. Get creative and GOOD LUCK!
    Team Fortress 2 - Propaganda Contest

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

United States [US]
    joe
    King of the hill, baby.

(I'd strongly recommend reinstalling TF2)

Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    King of the hill, baby.

(I'd strongly recommend reinstalling TF2)
    :yeahthat:

Germany [DE]
    UI
    I'm glad they're doing a contest like this, especially after so long. This game STILL gets a TON of support from the community (the servers I visit daily are never, ever less than 3/4 full) and developers alike. I'm really anxious to see the new weapons this week, as demo's still my favorite class of all time....I'm crossing my fingers for some proximity mines and a decent melee weapon!!

Would you like a jelly baby? MajorMalfunction's Avatar
    So I lost track, does this complete the class updates?

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    The Engineer hasn't been updated. But then again, who cares about the Engy?

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1237 ... LastLast