Poll: What is your favorite BC2 class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Class in Bad Company 2 (and why)

Favorite Class in Bad Company 2 (and why) Talking

Alright. What's your favorite class in BC2, and why?

Personally, I like the engy. Coffee has yet to usurp this class from me as he did in TF2. The engy gets good weaps (the pump shotty is nice, especially with the double ammo upgrade) and let's face it: it's cool to see a squad holding a point with suppressive fire and an RPG. Also, you can repair tanks to give Y2 amazing points, and you can unrepair enemy vehicles provided you don't get squished into paste by it first.

Speak!

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

Re: Favorite Class in Bad Company 2 (and why)

well, without a sentry i'm pretty useless, so i've been an assault whore from the beginning. I like the red dot weapons, the nades, and providing ammo. Kits are good to choose from, including the heavier load kit.

Well one of the things I really like about a good Battlefield game is that I like all of the classes on their own merit. I'm more reactionary in how I approach my kit. For example, if the enemy is whoring a chokepoint with armor I would choose the engineer loadout. If the enemy team has a lot of snipers I would pick the recon class to hopefully clear some of them out so our guys can advance.

Though one interesting thing I see occurring in BC2 is the hybrid class loadout. I need to try this more because it looks like an interesting idea. You might see a recon class playing with the Thompson, artillery, the light kit package and a sidearm. This guy could rush like an assault class but also have the added advantage of quicker movement and artillery strikes to back him and his squad up. That's going to be the really cool part of this game, building unique combinations of classes.

So to answer the question, I really don't have a favorite. I like them all in various situations and for various reasons. That, in my opinion, is the mark of a well balanced and even game.

i like recon, for camping reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

United States [US]
    joe

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Though one interesting thing I see occurring in BC2 is the hybrid class loadout. I need to try this more because it looks like an interesting idea. You might see a recon class playing with the Thompson, artillery, the light kit package and a sidearm. This guy could rush like an assault class but also have the added advantage of quicker movement and artillery strikes to back him and his squad up. That's going to be the really cool part of this game, building unique combinations of classes.
    I voted recon, as what Craig describes is currently my favorite way of playing the game (but then again I'm also a side-stepping sneaky flanking stabby-stabby mofo). Having mortars is nice, as it allows me to clear an area (at least temporarily) of enemies that would restrict my movement (snipers, armor, etc), and the thompson is a decent all purpose weapon. If the other members of my squad fail in a direct assault, usually I've already worked my way around to a better angle for them to spawn in at try again.

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Well one of the things I really like about a good Battlefield game is that I like all of the classes on their own merit. I'm more reactionary in how I approach my kit. For example, if the enemy is whoring a chokepoint with armor I would choose the engineer loadout. If the enemy team has a lot of snipers I would pick the recon class to hopefully clear some of them out so our guys can advance.

So to answer the question, I really don't have a favorite. I like them all in various situations and for various reasons. That, in my opinion, is the mark of a well balanced and even game.
    yeahthat.

M24 + 12x Scope and Artillery for long range
    Type-88 + ACOG and either arty or C4 for med range
    Thompson/shotgun and C4 for short range

M249 + red dot for sticking with your squad and assaulting
    M249 + advanced health kit for when your squad gets stuck on the hill above B2
    (Wish one of the XM8 LMG, MG36, or M60 was in the beta)

F2000 + red dot + grenade launcher for most assault
    F2000 + red dot + shotgun attachment for closer combat
    Shotgun + 12 gauge ammo + c4 for inside buildings (especially B4)

XM8C/Thompson + RPG7 + Tracer Dart for blowing up tanks
    XM8C/Thompson + M2 for blowing up people

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

One thing they will hopefully allow us to do is save favorite setups so we can quick-switch to them before respawn. I hate the current loadout menu and how you have to click ten times to change one thing.

I don't mind that, what I hate is how some of it changes back to default when the game switches sides. I would like to see that saving mechanism though

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

i like that it keeps my loadout as long as I don't exit, but I think having 'favorite' load outs is a must

added 'Hybrid' to selection in poll

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast