Poll: Please select your most desired BF:BC2 server settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server Settings

United States [US]
    joe

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server Settings

Well, now that most of you have gotten a chance to play some BF:BC2, I thought about resetting the "Hardcore Poll" from a couple of weeks ago, but then decided a whole new poll would be a better solution. Above you'll find a multiple choice poll consisting of all the various BF:BC2 server options that are currently known, please vote as to whether or not you'd like each particular setting to be on or off.

IMPORTANT: A vote for Hardcore overrides all other choices and thus individual settings cannot be altered. In other words, if you'd like a Hardcore server, only vote for "Hardcore ON" above.

Since we're still in the beta, I'm still hoping to hear more news about various server configs the closer we get to release. Please view this poll just as a way that we can get information from the most important people who would play on a StrafeRight server, that's you guys, the community. I also feel the need to add a disclaimer that the final server configuration may not match the outcome of this poll, after all, vega and tao are voting, and it's practically a deathwish to listen to them.

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Server Settings

First I'd like to throw out a great big "HA!" to Vega.

It seems FF could go either way, I myself voted for FF On, mostly because it's what I'm used to from BF2, but I expected the votes to be evenly split.

I expected more Killcam Off votes, to be honest (although I voted for On, myself). But I think leaving it on not only removes that nagging of uncertainty after you die, but it forces players to stay mobile. While I won't say a lack of killcam promotes camping, the inclusion of it definitely promotes the opposite.

Minimap, spotting and crosshair votes are as I expected. Spotting is absolutely integral to the Battlefield experience, it's an absolute necessity in my opinion.

I was surprised by the 3rd person vehicle tally. I suppose it does detract from the immersion a bit, but I often used it in the previous Battlefield games to manoeuvre tricky terrain. It isn't necessary, but I thought it'd go a bit more even in terms of votes.

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    go back to eating your jesus eggs.

Blog Entries

I'm also surprised the Killcam On is a close call. I'd figure everyone would say no to it since it can give away your position pretty easily. Then if a recon guy has mortars it's bye bye you.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

The beta has been playing great. I would say leave it alone. kill cam on. Face it, you want to know where that damn sniper is, and you don't mind if your own position is given away. You can just move.

FF? how does that make it more fun? Turn that off.

Recon markers on map? absolutely.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

joe predicted vega's FF off

Blog Entries

I'm glad everyone is on board with 3D spotting. I think the FF being on would greatly reduce tanks just rolling up and blasting into a buildings with friendlies in it since they don't have to worry about killing them.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

i honestly don't care either way on FF. I rarely accidentally shoot a teammate and probably only would if there was a room full of wankers having a circle jerk of knife fights.

FF is more so you can't tank rape points as Bojingles mentioned. it becomes all that much more necessary when we move to conquest game mode. same for arty strikes and nade spamming. FF is a must in BF games.

T-Bagging The Critically Wounded BetterOffDead's Avatar

These are my main concerns that I voted for...Team Balance ON, Friendly Fire ON, Killcam OFF, 3D Spotting ON, Hardcore OFF.

FF On balances out a lot of things so that armor, helis, and explosive classes cannot just spam everything that moves and get rewarded for it. As I understand it, the land mines will not kill friendlies even with FF on. On the beta map, for example, I think friendly fire would greatly encourage armor to push up at the start of the round. If they spam tank shells every which way from the top of the hill they might end up killing friendlies that are down trying to set the charge. They will need to push up to be effective.

Killcam OFF! Say that your squad sneaks around behind enemy lines and set up a squad spawn point in a good hiding spot. With the Killcam you are pretty much unable to kill anyone unless you want to give your position away...lame.

I think everyone is greatly overstating the threat of snipers because you don't need a Killcam to find them. First you get a directional indicator of where the bullet came from. Secondly there are a fairly predictable and limited set of locations that most snipers will use and since they cannot go prone, they are easy to spot.

I would say that finding the settings that make this game as similar to BF2/BF2142 would probably be the key to a great server.

i only wanted killcam on because I've experienced BC2 without a good squad. when you're with a group of SR players, it's not a big deal, they spot and talk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast