Thread: Nuclear Dawn

Nuclear Dawn

I just ran across this one on Steam due out Oct 2010. It looks kind of interesting. It's built on the Source engine not my personal favorite but at least it's easy on system requirements.

They are claiming a FPS and RTS experience reading their web site. The RTS part sounds like the commander in Battlefield but with a lot more you can do.

All and all it's peaked my interest.

YouTube - Nuclear Dawn Teaser Trailer

Play as a soldier in a war-torn post-apocalyptic landscape, modelled on modern cities, and take the fight to your enemies as armoured, assault or stealth infantry, using various weapons and loadouts to accomplish your objectives. The first person shooter action in Nuclear Dawn is hard, fast and unforgiving, with weapons that rely on skill and tactics more than on twitch reflexes and map memorization.

Learn your roles, the strengths and weaknesses of each class, and use them to their fullest to lay waste to your enemies, in specially designed environments that force you to exploit terrain and cover to stand a chance in tomorrow's war.

Then, take Nuclear Dawn above the action, and play as the commander. Organize your fellow players in squads, and assign them to tactical objectives. Plan the resource routes for your army, and production of your structures for forward deployment.

Exploit the terrain and resource point locations to block your enemies’ tactical advance, and crush their plans in an iron fist. Research and implement new technology to give your soldiers the edge on the battlefield, and set up forward bases to lead the assault on your enemies, with full defensive and offensive structures to choose from and upgrade to build your perfect fortress.
    Welcome to Nuclear Dawn | Nuclear Dawn

Nuclear Dawn on Steam

Re: Nuclear Dawn

ok that looks amazing. I'm in!

My nation pwns yours mwahahaha Sergeant_assist's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm beginning to think that games use "modern" a bit to often
    What is wrong is always better than what is right, for its the wrong that forces change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant_assist View Post
    I'm beginning to think that games use "modern" a bit to often
    I think your right.

It looks like this was originally going to be a Mod for Source. Somewhere along the the way they put a deal together to publish it as a commercial venture. I don't know if this is the one, but I think we due for some some innovation and fresh ideas. It seem these days only the smaller studios are will to take that kind of risk.