Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CoD Black Ops To Run On Dedicated Servers?

CoD Black Ops To Run On Dedicated Servers?

Call of Duty: Black Ops will be getting dedicated servers, according to studio head Mark Lamia.

When asked whether the popular feature would be present in Black Ops in the new issue of PC Zone, Lamia replied, "I think dedicated servers are excellent. I don't see any reason not to see them unless... well, I just don't see any reason not to."
    YAY?

News: CoD: Black Ops dedicated servers confirmed - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

Gamer
    -
    PhenomX3 720BE @3.5ghz, 4gb XMS2, Biostar785GE, HIS HD5830, 1TB Samsung F3 7200rpm sata2, 630watt PSU

Re: CoD Black Ops on Dedicated servers?

Thats cool, I'm thinking Black-Ops is gonna be pretty good.

Blog Entries

Re: CoD Black Ops To Run On Dedicated Servers?

Nice! So, i take it they think feel they were wrong about the No Dedicated servers deal...
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Quote Originally Posted by Teck View Post
    Nice! So, i take it they think feel they were wrong about the No Dedicated servers deal...
    I believe there's a different publisher for Black Ops compared to MW2?

Gamer
    -
    PhenomX3 720BE @3.5ghz, 4gb XMS2, Biostar785GE, HIS HD5830, 1TB Samsung F3 7200rpm sata2, 630watt PSU

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar

Treyarch instead of Infinity Ward. They alternate COD titles. Henry was a huge fanboy of MW2.

Quote Originally Posted by dcikra View Post
    Treyarch instead of Infinity Ward. They alternate COD titles. Henry was a huge fanboy of MW2.
    huh? was I?
    i dont remember that i remembered raging when we heard this:
    Matchmaking & Smoother Gameplay: When you want to player a multiplayer game on PC, in the past. Youíd have to scroll through a Server Browser which listed every available server which was hosted by individual server admins. Each had their own private rules, mods, or ways of playing the game. Most players would also use the server browser to find just the best quality game (based on PING). With IWNET matchmaking, it takes all that into account for you. All you have to do is select the playlist (pre-set gametypes with custom rules) that fits the style of play you are in the mood for. When you do, it will automatically find you a game with the best performance, ping, and preferences based on your location and individual connection as well as matching you with players of your same SKILL. So youíre always guaranteed the best game performance for where you are and what connection youíre playing on as well as an equal game with other players of your same skill level, not rank, but skill level. It doesnít mean youíll just be thrown into a random game! It will put you in the game that will give you the smoothest gameplay possible without you having to manually find a server with the best ping.

Playlists and Private Matches: As I described above, Playlists are pre-set game modes and gametypes for public games. If you just want to jump into a public game of Search and Destroy or Hardcore Search and Destroy and you donít care about fully customizing it, then you can utilize playlists to do that quickly for you. However, say youíre in a clan and you want to play a Clan match with another team, or you want to practice for an upcoming tournament that has specific rules in a private game. Then you can start a Private Match (which is essentially like running your own private server) where you have complete control over the rules, who can join, boot players you donít want, and essentially control the entire game or tweak it to your liking. Once the rules are set, you can invite the other team in or just start it up with your clan to practice with the custom rules before the match. This now allows you to play custom games out of the box without the need to install mods, find a modded server with the rules you like, or worry about not being in control of the match.

Party System and Friendslist: Modern Warfare 2 on PC also makes it much easier if you want to party up with your friends, or again, with your clan for a match. You can utilize the friendslist to see when your friends are online, and invite them to your Party. A Party allows you to move from game to game as a group. Itís great for clan matches, because you can party of with your clan and move from public game to public game together. Or if youíre doing a scrim, party up and invite the other clan (who is in a party) and theyíll all join at once. Set up a private match together and play. It makes setting up scrims or games with friends easier and hassle free.

Cheat / Hack Free Games: The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you donít have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters. Or relying on the server admin of the server to constantly be monitoring, banning, and policing it. Modern Warfare 2 on PC allows us to control the quality of the game much more than ever before as well as utilizing the VAC (Valve-Anti-Cheat) system to keep games clean of hackers and cheaters.

All in all, IWNET adds a load of new features that the PC version of our games have never had before and allows us an infrastructure to continue to update and improve on the game post-launch.

i flipped on that. and im still waiting to see whos fualt that is-__-.
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

Playing MW2 on the PC was a horrible idea. Least with Black Ops you'll be able to rely on your Admins. I just hope the Search N' Destroy is as good as MW2's was.

Quote Originally Posted by dcikra View Post
    Playing MW2 on the PC was a horrible idea. Least with Black Ops you'll be able to rely on your Admins. I just hope the Search N' Destroy is as good as MW2's was.
    i vowed to not buy another game from them until they apologize to the gaming pc community for just being jerks... or until iw gets shutdown .
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

LOL@ apologise. They should do that for how much they're charging for DLC maps. IW is already in the crapper since the recent Activision legality mess that made quite a few resign.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by largecanadian View Post
    I believe there's a different publisher for Black Ops compared to MW2?
    Ahhh... I did not know that.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast