Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 3

Battlefield 3

EA has announced, well ok they really just officially acknowledged the existence of the Long awaited Battlefield 3. Up until now the only talk coming from EA/Dice was a short mention of BF3 in a financial statement a while ago. EA/Dice employees have been totally silent about it. So without fanfare or a new trailer or even screen shots EA drops the news report below. All in all I find it very strange maybe this slipped with the plan being to announce BF3 then announce the BF3 Beta being included with MoH.

Our mantra around here is "Don't screw it up EA"
    EA today revealed new details of the Medal of Honor Limited Edition that will be released in North America on October 12, 2010. The Limited Edition* features a host of weapons, powerful ammunition and camouflage. The weapons and camouflage give players a tactical gameplay advantage on day one. EA also announced today that people who own the Medal of Honor Limited Edition will receive an invitation to the beta** for another highly-anticipated EA shooter, Battlefield 3. Battlefield 3 is the latest entry in the award-winning shooter franchise from DICE in Stockholm, Sweden.

This Sunday August 1, be sure to check out a 100% all-new Medal of Honor gameplay trailer directed by Linkin Park’s Joe Hahn. The trailer will feature in-game footage set to the band’s recently-announced single ‘The Catalyst’ at medalofhonor.com/linkinpark. More details about the Battlefield 3 beta itself can also be found at the Official Website.
    EA Adds Highly Anticipated ?Battlefield 3? Beta To ?Medal Of Honor? Limited Edition - EA News

Re: Battlefield 3

I'm stoked, but aware that as good as it may be, it will have bugs out the wazoo.

This is going to be AWESOME sauce!

I hope so. There are so many questions that need to be answered at this point. They have improved and fixed BC2 some for the PC users but it still falls short of a PC Battlefield game. MoH is more CoD So I have to ask is BF3 going to be a true successor to the BF2 line? And since it's cross platform are they going to address the needs of the PC Platform? I also think it's wrong to think console gamers can only run and gun and not play a team game. Reading the fine print of the beta it looks like we are still over a year away If I had to guess I'd say no sooner than Nov 2011 At that point they will have invested a lot of time and hopefully learned from BC2. So maybe just maybe they will get it right.

@ Craig yeah bugs are expected, if they fix the jacked up patching system from BC2 they can be dealt with if not it will be very very ugly.

Blog Entries

This can only be good from how much i love Bad Company and BC2. Lets just hope the put more Helicopters and planes.

i want 64 players!!!!!!!!!. with more tanks and helis an jets...
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

Can't freaking wait. BC2 is awesome and all but I can't wait for BF3. We need commander slot back, we need 64 player support, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by K_Dog View Post
    I hope so. There are so many questions that need to be answered at this point. They have improved and fixed BC2 some for the PC users but it still falls short of a PC Battlefield game. MoH is more CoD So I have to ask is BF3 going to be a true successor to the BF2 line? And since it's cross platform are they going to address the needs of the PC Platform? I also think it's wrong to think console gamers can only run and gun and not play a team game. Reading the fine print of the beta it looks like we are still over a year away If I had to guess I'd say no sooner than Nov 2011 At that point they will have invested a lot of time and hopefully learned from BC2. So maybe just maybe they will get it right.

@ Craig yeah bugs are expected, if they fix the jacked up patching system from BC2 they can be dealt with if not it will be very very ugly.
    If Dice has any questions on how to impliment Battlefield 3 they need look no further than Counter-Strike Source. Valve knocked it out of the park with that transition. Yes, people still play vanilla CS and people are going to keep on playing BF2 as well. I think if Dice can take the core of BF2, what makes it great and then update the physics, graphics, throw in a few new vehicles, etc. they will have a winner on their hands and most of the BF2 community will fall in line as was the case with the CS to CSS transition.

What bothers me is the fanatical success of Modern Warfare 2. Like it or not it has generated a billion plus dollars in sales despite most PC gamers agreeing it was a huge letdown for so many reasons we've gone over already. Other companies see this sucess and think, "Hey, we can polish a turd and people will buy it!" I hope Dice doesn't fall off the wagon with BF3 and take this approach.

Although I am very excited I am also nervous for obvious reasons. For me, first person shooters have been a huge letdown overall in the last five years, which is why today I play CSS and BF2. I am hoping that will change with BF3.

Modern Warfare sucked up all of the Halo players. No offense to anyone here, but most MW players I have met, have been douche bags that really aren't into gaming at all. They also probably listen to Nickelback or Avenge Seven Fold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    denny, i didn't know your cadillac had crank windows.

Blog Entries

MW is good on the console.

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast