Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Might buy a blackops server

Might buy a blackops server

I've been thinking about it, i might buy a blackops server for Straferight on Friday,
    Tell me,
    should i, or no?
    I'll let the community decide/
    My Current Setup:
    47" Samsung LCD HDTV 1080p
    Hauppauge 1212 HD PVR
    Xbox 360(3 of Them)
    PS3
    Mac book

Blog Entries

Re: Might buy a blackops server

I think I speak for craig when I reiterate that our community is a wonderful place that contributes to the personality, knowledge-base and design of our forums and game consciousness, but we don't expect you guys to put your hard-earned money up to keep the gaming juices flowing in dedicated servers.

it's totally up to you Jiimmey - I'll probably be getting this game either this week or the next, and will want a great place to play, but it appears the consensus is very few play even the first CoD Modern warfare, let alone the second; at least on the PC side. it may be a different story in console world.

I'd hold on and see how the new dedicated server revisionism plays out for PC people in the coming weeks, and then make a decision. the pregame sales for consoles, particularly the XBox 360 are insane. I'm not hearing much buzz about the PC version. But, um, I really only dedicate my game reading to this site, and no one around here is buzzing like a bee.

Germany [DE]
    UI

Getting a sweet deal on a 360 Elite + game library, so if all goes through I'll hop on sometime.

my guess is 80% of the people that say they intend buying the game on this thread either don't, or are disappointed, like the last two Cod's.

There's gonna be some other gay weapon that gets spammed all the time, don't worry.
    Shotty h4x FTW!!!

:Rig:
    -(Asus P7P55D)-(Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8ghz)-(4GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1333)-(Saphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5)-(Antec 850w)-

Dispenser? I hardly know her! TheShelks's Avatar

I'll be playing it but likely not until the holiday season, though i would like to have a place to game with familiar faces

Played it on a hacked 360 last week and its pretty much Vanilla Ice Cream, what you'd expect.

Quote Originally Posted by UI View Post
    Getting a sweet deal on a 360 Elite + game library, so if all goes through I'll hop on sometime.
    Get Reach!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    rofl we're all 69 at heart

:yeahthat:
    Shotty h4x FTW!!!

:Rig:
    -(Asus P7P55D)-(Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8ghz)-(4GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1333)-(Saphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5)-(Antec 850w)-

well i got the game last night , I wouldn't get a server until they fix the pc version, yes it is messed up. its cpu shuttering on everyone causing 20fps to almost unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rage1 View Post
    well i got the game last night , I wouldn't get a server until they fix the pc version, yes it is messed up. its cpu shuttering on everyone causing 20fps to almost unplayable.
    Did you change your maxpackets? I've played it for a few days so far, it has some stuttering issues, but I'm getting 60-70fps avg @ 1080p 2xAA maxed settings, and your GTX275 is about as powerful as my HD5830....

Gamer
    -
    PhenomX3 720BE @3.5ghz, 4gb XMS2, Biostar785GE, HIS HD5830, 1TB Samsung F3 7200rpm sata2, 630watt PSU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast