Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1237 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Ops Crushes Modern Warefare 2 Sales Record

Re: Black Ops Crushes Modern Warefare 2 Sales Record

Quote Originally Posted by largecanadian View Post
    To answer this, I would say control and feel wise, its closer to MW. Its obviously an update of the MW2 engine, but the controls are almost the exact same as MW and with a developers console, I can see my FPS running, I can add servers (the server browser is buggy still). VERY awesome game, I never beat MW2 since I got it free with my last GPU, and I haven't felt left out yet.
    (It is set in the mid-late 60's, which I didn't know until playing it.)
    its not an updated mw2, its more like a updated cod4 engine. mw2 uses iw4, while black ops uses a modified iw3(the one they made WAW with).
    thats why it looks like cod4, becuase in a sense it IS cod4, using the same engine.
    Last edited by henry; 11-14-2010 at 02:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Is it tied into MW or MW2 at all? or could one play black ops and not be missing anything from the subsequent titles?

I loved MW but haven't gotten to MW2 yet.
    Its not tied to mw2 at all. Its a whole different story. I will say it has been nothing less the epic. At one point your in Vietnam in a full scale battle. The game plays like cod4 not mw2. Its funny how everyone's reviews bash it but there are 3million people online playing it and it breaks records. All and all I like the game once they get the bugs out. I will say again its nothing like mw2.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantua View Post
    It's not bad by any means. Just saying that the production costs are huge for any Triple AAA title and actiivision has had it's share of so-so games. One release isn't going to change their value much.
    realistically they probably spent ~100 million in dev and marketing, and that's a high estimate. The next two Hobbit movies have a production budget of $450 million to put things in perspective.

not only that but this game is following a previous record setter. they're not losing money.

remember that Actvision and Blizzard both represent that stock. it's seriously undervalued IMO, but the problem is that wall street has no understanding of the gaming industry.

it sounds like this game is more CoD4 so I think I'm going to pick it up.

Shit happens for a reason. GODSPEED1600M's Avatar

im going to pick it up for ps3, once i get back home, i think...it s the hype, friends have it, they want to play team tac. so might as well...i think that s the mind set of many console owners.

yeah you guys are forgetting about the Blizzard part of the name thats raking in $15/month x 8-10 million? crunch that real quick. with a huge new expansion coming thats going to boost subscriptions.

but i digest. i bought black ops last night, havent had a chance to play it yet but im planning to dive into the SP after work tonight, i'm sure i'll give the MP a try too (gotta play some zombies) Really taking a chance that this isn't MW:3 and its more like cod:4, also hoping this cpu bound monster doesn't kill my system.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    yeah you guys are forgetting about the Blizzard part of the name thats raking in $15/month x 8-10 million? crunch that real quick. with a huge new expansion coming thats going to boost subscriptions.

but i digest. i bought black ops last night, havent had a chance to play it yet but im planning to dive into the SP after work tonight, i'm sure i'll give the MP a try too (gotta play some zombies) Really taking a chance that this isn't MW:3 and its more like cod:4, also hoping this cpu bound monster doesn't kill my system.
    If anything its closer to WaW which was a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post

ahh don't forget about the hidden zombie game in which you can play up to 4 people also.(its fun). Its a top down style like alien swarm.

I wonder how much it cost blizzard to maintain the servers?
    Last edited by Rage1; 11-14-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Assault Fiend

I only glanced at your first link, I'm guessing that the others also complain about the PC version. Have you decided against it because of the PC buggyness? If that's the case... I don't get it.

People seem to only notice these things when it's a major release of a massively popular title. It's easy to hate something that's popular. Many games have a shaky online beginning, riddled of various bugs, though it's hardly ever a problem, as the devs patch the game up quickly. TF2 was pretty shitty upon it's initial release both performance wise and gameplay wise. It sucked especially on the console at first. How can something instantly be perfect?

I bought Black Ops the 2nd day of its release, and experienced a good deal of choppy-ness online. Guess what, it was patched the following day. The game runs very smoothly now. No complaints-- I never had any.

I recommend this shooter more than ANY other for a shooter enthusiast. Moreover I urge you to get it for the PC and NOTHING else.

so would those of you who have Black Ops say that the single player experience is as good as CoD4 (MW)?

Quote Originally Posted by Rage1 View Post
    Its not tied to mw2 at all. Its a whole different story. I will say it has been nothing less the epic. At one point your in Vietnam in a full scale battle. The game plays like cod4 not mw2. Its funny how everyone's reviews bash it but there are 3million people online playing it and it breaks records. All and all I like the game once they get the bugs out. I will say again its nothing like mw2.
    It is somewhat tied to COD: WAW. Sgt. Reznov (The Soviet Defector in Black Ops) was one of the Russian CPU's you fought alongside with at the end of the Europe Campaign.

Turns out to be an interesting twist to say the least.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1237 ... LastLast