Thread: Black Ops: PC or Console?

Black Ops: PC or Console?

Hey everybody. So I have a week and half free for video games... MUST BUY a new shooter. I am thinking of Black Ops...

Is it better for PC or for Console (Xbox for me)? I would like to use my PC, however I am scared that the multiplayer experience won't be the same as on a console. For example, will there be dedicated servers for PC, similar to that you find on a console?

Also, what about haxorz? Are there a lot of hax on the PC multiplayer?

Another thing is what if other people are running crappy computers that lag the crap out of the game?

Any useful information will be greatly appreciated. I have no concern for singleplayer... I only care about multiplayer

thanks guys!

United States [US]
    joe

Re: Black Ops: PC or Console?

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (and Vietnam)

In all honesty though, I haven't played Black Ops (henceforth to be called BLOPS!) though I know a few people here have and I'm sure they'll let you know how the gameplay is. It does have dedicated servers, so hopefully the multi-player aspect will be to your liking.

All that being said, look at Bad Company 2 and the Vietnam expansion, it really is the best PC shooter to have come out in a long time.

I play Black Ops on Xbox and it's great. It uses the WaW engine as opposed to the MW2 engine, makes it a faster game with great game play. Highly recommended for a time consuming shooter.
    Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. -
    Jesse Jackson
    -----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    You, sir, are a god damn idiot.
    Love, Denny.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

Junior plays on xbox, looks pretty good

I think I'm going to go with Vietnam for this next week and a half. I already have BC2 for Xbox, so the expo pack will only be an extra $15 if i heard correctly. That's better than shelling out 60 for "blops" haha.

the only reason i consider COD to BC2 is because COD just has better dynamics and motion. whenever you are walking, moving, crouching, jumping, shooting, and particularly knifing is just feels right, you know?

whenever walking/running in BC2, i have a conniption every 10 feet because i get stuck on every leaf on a bush and every tin can on the ground. and don't even get me started on knifing. you need to be literally inside of their body and both of you completely motionless to even have a chance.

but i <3 sniping, big maps and vehicles... so alas i will have to get my brain medications ready and just hope my head doesn't spontaneously combust whenever i try to run by a bush in BC2.

I have it both on console and pc. I would recommend the pc version though. There is dedicated servers. Since they patched it it runs good (not great) lol. To tell you the truth besides the dedicated servers and no matchmaking its the exact same game thats on the console version.

personally i like battlefield Vietnam better.

PC

As other's mentioned, BBC2 is waaaay better
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

PC has dedicated servers. I've only come across one or two hackers over a period of ~35 hours of total playtime. You'll find that it might be faster paced on PC versus a console due to keyboard/mouse vs controller differences.

i have the PC version and i can't play using the server browser without crashing my connection, i can play zombies or random ranked matches fine, but that gets old pretty quick.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

giver hell, mouse aiming is key! if it doesnt work, return the game with some b.s. about it being a defective disc...