Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Ops for PC: Delayed mouse movement?

"So, I hear that you like Tea.." wick3dsick23's Avatar

Re: Black Ops for PC: Delayed mouse movement?

So this gamebooster relly works?

*Sorry, I had to!*

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I fail.....the end.

um i installed in, tried to run it, but it came with so much bloatware that it made me kind of uneasy so i uninstalled it all. also when i went to download the file my firewall caught a trojan, sooo i think im gonna pass on that app for now.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    um i installed in, tried to run it, but it came with so much bloatware that it made me kind of uneasy so i uninstalled it all. also when i went to download the file my firewall caught a trojan, sooo i think im gonna pass on that app for now.
    lol where did you try to download it from? My anti virus says its clean lol
    I downloaded something called GBoost.. it does the same but it seems like it works better.

Game Booster real link:
    Game Booster - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com (I think cnet makes sure their files are virus free lol)

Gboost:
    |MG| GBoost 1.03.0 Download

i typed game booster in google and clicked on the most legit looking one. it wasn't i guess.

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

Yeah I downloaded it off MajorGeeks, I can't say it helps performance much but I think generally they don't host things associated with malware

i re-tried it from the link relly gave me. i ran 3DMark06 before and after, i gained 57 points, hardly anything to write home about. i'll keep it on there if i ever have a desire to play black ops again but i think im just gonna chalk that game up to a wasted 60 bucks i shoulda spent on weed, i woulda got more enjoyment out of a nice bag of weed than this heap of trash. (black ops).
    so the moral of the story is, unless you want to tweak the hell out of your system processes and go through a bunch of hoops, don't buy Black Ops, its not that great even when it is working, i still have more fun playing css.

While you may not get an FPS increase in the games your computer already runs fine, it's a cool program. It shuts down all processes you don't need running, and frees up resources. I only have 2GB of RAM and that just doesn't cut it with the newer games anymore, so this could be a helpful program.

I stopped using Game Booster (I don't understand or believe the drag shortcut to tray thing) and started using Gboost instead. They both shut down (unnecessary) background processes, but Gboost goes the extra mile and disables all those Windows appearance options.. like themes and such.

I tested css (I don't need gboost for css but I tried it just for fun) and I actually got LESS fps with Gboost enabled. I video stress tested and got 345.23fps with it disabled.. I enabled it, relaunched the test, and got 342.33fps. I only use it for games that run slow, like Call of Duty black ops. There was just too much "system lag" at more than playable frame rates (I was lagging with 100+ fps). Gboost helps in Black Ops by shutting down background shit, and helping the game run smoother. Gboost also helped in Crysis Warhead but I didn't notice a difference in Mafia 2.

Gboost On:

Gboost Off:

As you can see there are less processes running and the Windows theme was turned off in the press of a button.

Like I said, you may not notice an FPS increase (especially if you're already getting 200+) but your game (if it was running slow prior) will run a lot smoother. If you have an old rig and you have to turn down all settings and resolution just to get a playable average frame rate (I prefer 50 and above) then this program is probably not for you. But if your computer can't run css by now, it's time to upgrade. It's been out since 2004.. no reason why it should still be bullying some of your computers.

Gboost isn't going to make your game dreams come true.. it's just software and it shuts down background processes.. It will not turn your (shitty) rig into a lean mean gaming machine, but it COULD help.

And yes, I have a COD black ops wallpaper

About CSS:
    If you enabled MultiCore rendering through CSS video options I swear to you that your speed will almost double, if not more. I video stress tested with it on and off.. Off: 183.12fps On: 345.23fps--that's an amazing increase. This setting applies to anyone with Dual or Quad Core CPU's *or even 6 core CPU's* (which is mostly everyone nowadays) But trust me.. MultiCore Rendering is the biggest performance boost you will see in a while.
    Last edited by Relly; 02-04-2011 at 01:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12