Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crysis 2 build including multiplayer reportedly leaked

Crysis 3 will be console only....
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

Re: Crysis 2 build including multiplayer reportedly leaked

Quote Originally Posted by OD-BLOODED-1 View Post
    RTS games like the Total War series, turn based games like Civilization, simulators like IL-2, point and click adventure games, military style shooters like Operation Flash Point all seem to lack both Aliens and Wizards, though I agree there seem to be too few of these type of titles lately. I blame that on developers seeking to make more cash through the larger console market. PC gaming is a niche industry, I don't see people wanting the above game types any less as much as I see the developers changing priorities towards the consumer, and more of them own consoles and TV's than those with gaming capable PC's. If you add the fact that Piracy on a console is more difficult you have a situation where most developers choose to opt out of the PC market or port over buggy titles instead of sinking in a lot of cash into a uncertain market.
    They need some better anti-piracy methods... or just deal with it the same way the music and movie entertainment does. The games should also be much cheaper for a digital download than buying the actual game itself.. Prices hurt sales too. I still see COD Modern Warfare 2 on steam for $60.. that's a joke... same price as the brand new black ops? Meanwhile Homefront, an upcoming FPS similar to COD, is $50 and Just Cause 2 only $30 (although it's Vista and Windows 7 exclusive). If you buy the game in the store, where you can physically have it, charge the $60 or whatever.. IMO that probably hurts sales. Not everyone has a beast computer where they can play any games with all settings on high.. they gotta adjust their graphics just to play.. It doesn't seem fair to charge $60 for Black Ops to someone who's computer can't even play the game at full graphical settings.. A person with a crappy computer isn't going to pay $60 for a game they can't run at full settings.. lower the price and you might just get them to. You can charge full price to the people on console because they don't have to turn their settings down, their consoles play the game as it came. This is a bit off topic, but fuck it lol

Regardless of the leak, and whatever people say about it.. I'm still going to buy the game, even if it is $50 or $60. I can finally say my PC can "handle" Crysis (1080p avg 51fps on High) so I'll be looking forward at throwing Crysis 2 at it.

The games you mentioned are cool I guess, but I'm glad you agree that PC needs more games.

Crysis 2 is all about killing aliens, that is all you kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    denny, i didn't know your cadillac had crank windows.

DNF is about killing aliens. but... it has been for nearly 20 years.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

and steam has crysis 2 on pre purchase... im very tempted to buy it.
    the no beta has me worried though.
    and the pirated version for the record i didnt play it and not planing to. i will wait for the full game and play it dx11.
    an blame pc gamers for the pirate copie??? please some1 inside had to leak the build AND the drm master key.
    go look at your own staff
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

Blog Entries

Looks like I'm good to go for the Highly Recommended.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    the no beta has me worried though.
    Crysis 2 PC Multiplayer Demo
    Demo on March 1st.

an blame pc gamers for the pirate copie??? please some1 inside had to leak the build AND the drm master key.
    go look at your own staff
    Someone leaked it, someone else downloaded it. The former is to blame, the latter is at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    go back to eating your jesus eggs.

wow. i make the highly recommended for this game? woah! that's a first lol.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogik View Post
    wow. i make the highly recommended for this game? woah! that's a first lol.
    The highly recommended is out of my league lol.. I'm still on a Q6600 @ 3GHz

Funny thing is that even with the highly recommended build will only get 30fps at 1920x1200?? Seriously, a video card with 1.8GB?? The majority of the GTX 560Ti's only have 1GB Video Memory.. I saw one that has 2GB but it's only $10 extra..( Newegg.com - Palit NE5X56T01142-1041F GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card ) which makes me question the performance jump. I'm surprised at how cheap they're running though.. ($250 and up)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12