Poll: What kind of unlock system do you want in BF3?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BF3 Poll: Unlock System

BF3 Poll: Unlock System

BF2 was my favorite shooter of all time, in 2005, there was nothing better than lighting a blunt and going on sR's world famous "City Maps 24/7" I have to say the game had a pretty good shelf life considering how many shooters came after it, expacs were released, and patches and content stayed semi consistent.

However, my main beef with the game was the unlock system, I felt it was too time consuming, while I loved the awards, those were also highly time consuming. There has to be a balance somewhere between a good map time or an excessive amount of gameplay due to the desire to unlock awards and weapons (COD has mastered the addicting element of unlocks).

With the announcement of BF3 a lot of the old sR heads will hopefully be suiting up for the game, with that said, a Poll:

Re: BF3 Poll: Unlock System

ill buy it no matter what.. even if i may look like i will regret it becuase of what i already said. its a must buy for me with crysis 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

So in your opinion, Heinrich, what is the ideal version of BF3?

I think the system got better with 2142 and BC2. You can unlock everything in the latter in about 75 hours, 50 if you're non-stop balls to the walls.

Blog Entries

It looks too fantastic, and too awesome to not buy because of the unlock system. if they could do it just like Bad Company two i would be happy.

MisterX

Yeah I quite like BC2's unlock system, though the pacing was a little too quick i think, you can unlock everythin a tad too quick for longevities sake

I think that's where the awards and ranks held up. For me it would be nicer to have more unlock options, more skin customization, weapons I like early on in the game experience, but customizing and catering my avatar to my needs should have a lot of options.

I think the unlock system should stay the same. But if Dice is smart, they will make acheivments. This will keep people playing the game. It is the smartest but dumbest way to keep people playing. The reason I kept playing bf2 was to be able to get gold star after gold star, best squad after best squad. To unlock a Gun it should be when you unlock a rank. but the point range should be closer. Not a 30,000 pt to 50,000.
    I gotta multi-frequency thing-a-mafuker that makes an electronic stance to the Pokemon Theme. GOT CATCHEM, GOT CATCHEM ALL, POKEMON.:rofl:

Blog Entries

I really hope they dont go the way of Halo Reach. When you rank up, there are 3 grades of the same rank you have to push through. So Sergent, then Sergent Grade 1, 2, 3. And this goes on for nearly every rank. Its just really frustrating because they expected people to play the game for the rest of their lives, so the point difference between levels is stupid high. Ive played the game online for 40 plus hours by now, which i admit is not that much compared to Bad Company, but i am really not at the stage i would like to be with my armor unlocks.

Overall, i really dont want to have to play the game for a solid month to get the unlocks i have my eye on, but i would like something else there to keep me going.

I also hope its not like medal of honor where you get the same gun but different tier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast