Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo

Re: Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo

dling it at work and taking it home.. just to save some time :P though i have the world of tanks demo that i haven't even touched yet either. sheesh.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

well i gotta say after i was able to connect I really enjoyed playing. As far as the graphics I'm not sure why people are complaining I thing they look pretty good IMO.The detail on the guns especially. I have everything cranked up and running 1366 x 760.

the menus are a little confusing but all and all i liked it.

I'm not complaining about the graphics lol.. I guess I just expected more.

I just think it was a bad idea for them to release a multiplayer demo first. This kind of scares me from buying the game because maybe the single player mode is gonna be horrible. I don't know why they thought this multiplayer would be a success.

I'm more excited about BF3, where those graphics look insane and I'm pretty sure the dev team is doing a much better job than Crytek.

Crysis 2 won't have a successful multiplayer game with king of the hill and tdm. Where's the competitiveness? Like defending a site from a bomb or something where it's not random spawning and shooting.. It gets boring quick (for me). The aiming is annoying (I'm going to try that toggle option) and it doesn't feel crisp and smooth when you shoot your enemy. Everything happens so fast.. Like if you run past an enemy and he's behind you, spinning around to kill him feels unnatural and weird.. Bullets don't seem to hit where you aim and the way the player moves feels off. These are just my opinions.. I'm not playing this crap anymore.. I'll wait for singleplayer, multiplayer demo sucks, and so will the final release if they don't make some major changes in gameplay.

And on hardcore my game runs smooth.. No lag and its not graphic intensive on my system.. I just expected to be amazed, but I wasn't. Hardcore setting is like the medium setting in crysis when it comes to performance, so maybe they made the game run better while looking good enough.

So they should call it Crysis 0.5?

I haven't been able to log in, with two accounts, been reading about server overloads, as in they have weak shit so I guess we will see.
    Shotty h4x FTW!!!

:Rig:
    -(Asus P7P55D)-(Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8ghz)-(4GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1333)-(Saphire Radeon HD 4870 1GB DDR5)-(Antec 850w)-

Quote Originally Posted by Unbroken View Post
    So they should call it Crysis 0.5?

I haven't been able to log in, with two accounts, been reading about server overloads, as in they have weak shit so I guess we will see.
    First time I launched the game and tried connecting to a server, all 12 of us were waiting for over 20 minutes.. server countdown kept restarting to 10 after counting down to 1, about 100 times.. we were all joking in chat, asking ourselves "WTF is taking so long?!".. I got impatient and quit the game. I then successfully connected the next time I tried, but only to be disappointed by the simple gameplay and graphics I expected more from.

Like I said, releasing a multi-player demo first was a mistake.. In fact, this thread doesn't even seem to interest that many people (14 replies including this one lol).. meanwhile the BF3 thread has got everyone saying "wow" "omg" "nice!" (64 replies). No one is going to be dedicated to this shit.. In fact, I have Crysis and Crysis Warhead and I have not once played multiplayer (seriously), nor have the people on my steam friends list.

First of all, most people are barely going to be able to run this game in single player (seeing recommended specs).. imagine on a server, full of people (who can easily spot you while in "cloak" mode, defeats the whole purpose) with all different kinds of pings and latency, with graphics settings on max... they will experience unbearable lag (just like in CS when you're on a 40 man 66 tic server-you get high fps but it's lag you can't control).. for those of us with PC's more than capable of running the game at a playable, non-laggy, constant high fps, we just won't get hooked to the multiplayer game. It's that fucking bad. It doesn't have re-play value IMHO.

I know it's a demo, but this is more like an alpha or beta release. It's not fun, doesn't look like a "Crysis" game, (BF3 looks better from the gameplay screenshots I've seen, honestly) and their main focus was the console versions (from what I've read) and although BF3 is also releasing on consoles, I believe they're porting the PC version to consoles. I never liked Battlefield 2 (I got it a few years back when I had an ATI x1600 lol) because it was laggy and I never lived past 30 seconds before getting shot by a tank or fucking nuked by a plane lol.. so instead of continuing to play and get better, I rage-quit the game for life lol.. but seeing that BF3 has a story mode plus the classic multiplayer action, I'm definitely going to get it.

Crysis 2 multiplayer pros: Menu effect
    Crysis 2 multiplayer cons: The game is 4 years newer than Crysis and the graphics jump was either minimal or non-existent. Gameplay isn't fun to me. Unrealistic feel and player movement. Reactions don't matter/getting a flick 1 shot headshot (consistently) is probably impossible. Dumb level up mode. Sound positioning seems to be off. I'm from NYC, and I'm not interested in the maps available so far. To be quite honest.. it shouldn't be compared to other FPS multiplayer games... it's fucking horrible lol.

My expectations were high for this.. I thought Crytek learned. I rather play Solitaire than this shit.

Update/Edit: I gave it another shot after this post lol. After I got a Crysis2demo.exe error (I had to load my GPU OC profile, guess my GTX460 at stock isn't enough) it crashed.
    Once it finally got up and running, there were some connectivity issues (not my ISP).. Once I got to finally log in I looked through the entire options searching for a "Toggle Iron-Sights" option but only to be disappointed.. because there are none. There are a bunch of "Toggle _____" (fill in the blank) but none which toggle iron sights.. I was going to try and deal with it but once I unlocked sniper class.. but just imagine having to hold right click, while you look through your sniper rifle's scope, zoomed in on running enemy capable of jumping 20 feet in the air and flicking your mouse across your mouse pad and then left clicking (while you're still right clicking) until you kill your enemy (which was hard as FUCK, headshots didn't seem to kill some people).. I actually found the NANOvision addition fun (basically heat vision). Anyway, after playing for 15 minutes here are some screenshots illustrating some of the story that took place. I play at 1080p (1920x1080) so they might be big if your native res is smaller. Graphics set to Hardcore which is the highest.

My 1337 zero ping

Which was a lie (I joined a 0 ping server and my ping in-game was 200ms)

Some busted pipe..

View of some buildings and some helicopters to the right

Nice penthouse lol

Told ya.. Pistol view as well

Brick wall looks nice

Dark hallway

Escalators

Then the same shit that happens every time..

After a second look, the graphics aren't bad.. they actually look better than I initially thought. Crytek tweaked the Anti-Aliasing in Crysis 2 and made it look better (crysis has a glow/blur effect on edges when cranking up AA) but other than that everything seemed just a little better although Crysis 1's island was more colorful and just pleased your eyes, naturally. The lack of Iron Sights toggle really shows that it's a console port (besides Press Start Button lol) because holding the left trigger button to aim and right trigger for shooting is how most console shooters are configured at default. Also, with graphics on Hardcore (idk if AA or AF is enabled.. but as you can see in the screenshots, there were no noticeable jagged edges) gameplay was incredibly smooth and felt like I was getting anywhere from 70 to 100 fps.. of course that's a wishful thought since I wasn't running FRAPS or know if there's a 'show fps' command available yet for the demo. If anything I'll update this post and add the screenshot.. but regardless of the fps I see it read.. gameplay is smooth from the jump.. unlike Crysis, which unless you have 4GB+ RAM or disable texture streaming, you'll get constant graphical stutters and quick pauses when in combat, looking around behind you quickly, or simply using your binoculars to zoom in. Maybe CryEngine 3 is coded better after all..

Anyway, this multiplayer needs some work and so does the server connectivity. I really hope this game the best and that the final release is much better.
    Last edited by Relly; 03-05-2011 at 05:43 AM.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

good summation, Relly, thanks

well i heard about dx9 only on luanch, and no dx10-11 on luanch but "patch" later.
    hm...... since i preordered it... it better be good or ill go to crytech the day after release and trow my copy at them(forgot i got it from steam -__-)
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12