Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo

Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo

Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo

The demo came out today, and feels quite polished. I fired it up just to give it a quick run and found myself playing for about two hours without noticing. It doesn't seem to be groundbreaking or anything, it's got team deathmatch and king of the hill, and the whole thing feels a bit Call of Duty meets Halo, but it plays great. The customization of settings and graphics is limited, but I figure those will not be the case in the proper release.

It's fun so far, I just haven't figured out if it's got legs or not. Since I wouldn't be dishing out for the single-player experience, I have to question the longevity before deciding to pick up the game.

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    go back to eating your jesus eggs.

Re: Crysis 2 Multiplayer Demo

Played it for XBox awhile back. It was definitely fun but I don't think the longevity is there considering all the multiplayer games out there now, seems like it would fade away pretty quick. However, I am interested in the single player.
    Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up. -
    Jesse Jackson
    -----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    You, sir, are a god damn idiot.
    Love, Denny.

ooo will have to check it out - see how it runs!
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Quote Originally Posted by Demoralized View Post
    Played it for XBox awhile back. It was definitely fun but I don't think the longevity is there considering all the multiplayer games out there now, seems like it would fade away pretty quick. However, I am interested in the single player.
    QFT

all i can say for pc - complete fail. Why cant connect to ea at this time try again later.

I can't believe there is even an option for aim assist on the PC version. What's even more stupid is it's enabled by default. I know mother fuckers are using that shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    denny, i didn't know your cadillac had crank windows.

Double Yummy Happy Swirl KenseiBurt's Avatar

I am constantly disconnected from game servers after a few minutes of play or disconnected while joining a server. I am presented with the pleasant message "The connection to your opponent has been lost. You've been signed out." I am automatically signed out of my MyCrysis Gamespy account and have to sign back in.

Something similar happened with Bad Company 2 after I did a Win7 reinstall. After doing some forum research, I added -pingInterval 50000 to the launch options and that cleared it up.
    "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.---That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

A little annoyed that the demo is only dx9, and if rumors are to be believed, the game is going to ship that way with a dx11 patch to come later.

Edit: I read that the auto aim feature is only for controllers not mouse and keyboard, but nothing screams port more than "press start" on a PC demo lol.

Oh well, I will reserve judgment as this is after all, only a demo. Who knows what the final product will be like?
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

Quote Originally Posted by OD-BLOODED-1 View Post
    but nothing screams port more than "press start" on a PC demo lol.
    I thought it only said that because I have an XBOX 360 remote connected to my PC, I didn't know it said that by default.. lol

I really don't know why they would release a MP demo instead of SP.. No one brags about Crysis Mutliplayer experience for part 1 or Warhead.. I fired it up on Hardcore graphic settings (the highest on the demo and probably final version as well) and it didn't look that terrific to me. Also, this demo doesn't like it when my GTX 460 is overclocked... black lines go across my screen until I put it back to stock. The GUI is confusing and gameplay wasn't that fun for me. The mouse sensitivity settings start out way too high (don't they know most people use +2000dpi ??) and the map objectives aren't interesting. I played for one round and quit the game. I'll wait for the final release, only to play single player mode.. Multiplayer mode isn't great and won't have people playing like COD series and CS/CSS.

and there's no iron sight toggle.. you have to HOLD your right mouse button.. very inconvenient while panning your mouse across your pad and trying to aim at your enemy

Quote Originally Posted by Relly View Post
    I thought it only said that because I have an XBOX 360 remote connected to my PC
    I thought the same thing. Guess not.

I fired it up on Hardcore graphic settings (the highest on the demo and probably final version as well) and it didn't look that terrific to me.
    It may not have been what the first game delivered at the time, but I didn't see any reason to complain about the graphics. Personally, I don't want a bloated, fancy, new graphics engine slowing down my online play. Which is, unfortunately, what I felt I got, so people complaining about the graphics puzzles me. I just wanted to tone down all the extraneous settings to make the whole thing look cleaner.

The mouse sensitivity settings start out way too high (don't they know most people use +2000dpi ??) and the map objectives aren't interesting.
    I refused to turn my DPI below 1200, which meant I was dealing with a little higher sensitivity than I liked. I wish they'd let us turn the ingame sensitivity down below 5.
    I don't know what your issue with map objectives was. There's king of the hill and TDM. It was pretty basic, nothing exciting, sure, but nothing offputting. Nothing less than you find in any other shooter of this kind.
    And while Pier was okay, I thought at least Skyline was a well-designed map, although the spawning in the given game modes was quite random and annoying. But the design on Skyline definitely made for some interesting gameplay.

and there's no iron sight toggle.. you have to HOLD your right mouse button.. very inconvenient while panning your mouse across your pad and trying to aim at your enemy
    This bugged me at first, but it's there in Game Options, Toggle Aim.

Pre-purchase Crysis 2 on Steam

Demo's up on Steam now.

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    go back to eating your jesus eggs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast